Clicking certain parts of the screen does nothing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 philbusta

philbusta
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:22 AM

Since 3.3.3, i've encountered an issue where i can't click either the middle part of the screen, or sometimes the bottom. This occurs in game and in the pause menu, making the game basically unplayable. I have tried reinstalling RA2/YR, and then MO to no avail multiple times. I'm using the Origin Ultimate Collection version of the game, and I've tried setting the render to TS-DDRAW.

This is frustrating. Any help would be appreciated. For the record, I can play Red Ressurection without this issue. Can't play normal YR anymore for some reason (won't actually launch, regular RA2 works just fine) but when it did launch I would have the same issue with it as i'm having with MO. When I downgrade MO to 3.3.0 and have the resolution set to 640x480, I don't have this issue. 

Running it on Windows 10 Pro, GTX 1050TI, 

Edited by philbusta, 25 June 2018 - 11:22 AM.

#2 Zoombek

Zoombek
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 04:45 PM

That happens on my pc also. I don't know how to fix this.. 

with basic intel HD graphics

#3 Zoombek

Zoombek
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:11 PM

I really need help for this one... 
So i installed MO 3.3.4 on my new laptop today but the right area of the screen is unclickable in-game. I can't build different things because clicking the whole right area of the screen does nothing :(

It also seems like my cursor is doubled when hovering over that area on the right, so i can see both the explorer and the MO pointers together at the same spot.

help would be much appreciated!

Edited by Zoombek, 11 October 2018 - 04:12 PM.

#4 rotterdxm

rotterdxm
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 12:19 AM

Registered to help out here.

Ran into this with this game and with another Steam game called Brigador. For me, it always happens when I run the game in fullscreen mode with other windows open behind it. Most often this will be Discord. My mouse will stop working on the part of the screen that is not covered by the underlying application windows.

Solution: minimize all application windows in the background (Win key + D) then switch back to MO. This works for me 100%.

Let me know if this fixes your problem.

#5 Zoombek

Zoombek
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:08 AM

thank you rotterdxm,
toggling the "back buffer in video memory" in options\display, already solved my problem. 

thank you very much for the help though! much appreciated! :thumbsuphappy:

#6 WillPowerGoat

WillPowerGoat
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2024 - 10:48 AM

thank you rotterdxm,
toggling the "back buffer in video memory" in options\display, already solved my problem. 

thank you very much for the help though! much appreciated! :thumbsuphappy:

I still have the same problem cursor overlapping and can't click on certain blocks on the right part of the screen even after I clicked on the back buffer option and I have nothing running in the back else than the MG main menu if i win+D it freeze so any help please ( I use DDrawcompat have win 10 and the in game res don't matter I tried all from 800x600 to 1366x768 )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users