Photo

How to create a new base (.bse)?

Best Answer Miraak5, 27 June 2018 - 06:50 PM

bse files are really capricious^^ 

be sure that when u want to save a bse (even if you modify an existing one) to do it that way:

file/save as/bases

the file will be saved in yourgamefolder\bases 

also be sure to write the name of the file in small charracters and without .bse (like on the pic^^)

PS: never rename a bse file outside worlbuilder (it will break it) and dont browse when u are saving, just save with base function it will be always saved in your game folder

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Glorfindel23

Glorfindel23
  • Project Team
  • 157 posts
  • Projects:Glorfindel23's Submod + MapsPack and The Horse Lords

Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:06 PM

Hello everyone!
Here is the problem, I want to add a new base but when I start the game nothing happen and my base don't appear.

This is the way how I proceed:

- I take the edain mordor_camp.bse, I modify it like I want with WorldBuilder and I save it under a new name "khand_castle.bse"
- I put the new file in my submod folder (C:\An Edain SubMod\bases\khand_castle\khand_castle.bse)
- After that, I add these lines to my map.ini

Object FestungPlotFlag

ReplaceModule ModuleTag_castle
    Behavior = CastleBehavior ModuleTag_castle_Submod
          ;UseTheNewCastleSystemInsteadOfTheClunkyBuildList = Yes
        CastleToUnpackForFaction  = Men       gondor_castle      FLAG_CASTLE_UNPACK_COST 
        CastleToUnpackForFaction  = Rohan     rohan_castle       FLAG_CASTLE_UNPACK_COST
        CastleToUnpackForFaction  = Dwarves   zwerge_castle      FLAG_CASTLE_UNPACK_COST
        CastleToUnpackForFaction  = Imladris  imladris_castle    FLAG_CASTLE_UNPACK_COST
        CastleToUnpackForFaction  = Elves     lothlorien_castle  FLAG_CASTLE_UNPACK_COST
        CastleToUnpackForFaction  = Mordor    khand_castle       FLAG_CASTLE_UNPACK_COST 
        CastleToUnpackForFaction  = Isengard  isengard_castle    FLAG_CASTLE_UNPACK_COST
        CastleToUnpackForFaction  = Wild      wild_castle        FLAG_CASTLE_UNPACK_COST
        CastleToUnpackForFaction  = Angmar    angmar_castle      FLAG_CASTLE_UNPACK_COST

FilterValidOwnedEntries = ANY +STRUCTURE +WALK_ON_TOP_OF_WALL +BASE_FOUNDATION +TACTICAL_MARKER        ;Anything that does not fit this filter will be given to the neutral player, so the template can have rocks and props.
        MaxCastleRadius = 420.0
        ScanDistance = 150
    End  
End

End

- And, I start the game and begin to play with mordor, but , as I said, nothing happen and my castle base didn't appear.
(Note that I work on a submod for edain which use the bfme1 base style)

Edited by Glorfindel23, 27 June 2018 - 06:07 PM.

mini_175165Glorfindel23Cover.jpg

31062.png

#2 Miraak5

Miraak5

title available

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • Projects:ROTWK Patch 2.02, Wars of the North, BFME1 1.08 Complete Edition
  •  BIG coding, Map scripting and AI coding

Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:50 PM   Best Answer

bse files are really capricious^^ 

be sure that when u want to save a bse (even if you modify an existing one) to do it that way:

file/save as/bases

bse files.png

the file will be saved in yourgamefolder\bases 

also be sure to write the name of the file in small charracters and without .bse (like on the pic^^)

PS: never rename a bse file outside worlbuilder (it will break it) and dont browse when u are saving, just save with base function it will be always saved in your game folder

Edited by Miraak5, 27 June 2018 - 06:52 PM.

He was the first...

#3 Glorfindel23

Glorfindel23
  • Project Team
  • 157 posts
  • Projects:Glorfindel23's Submod + MapsPack and The Horse Lords

Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:55 PM

Thanks for your fast answer, I will try tomorrow and keep you informed :)

Edit: I tried and it work perfectly now, thank you for your help ^^

Edited by Glorfindel23, 27 June 2018 - 07:12 PM.

mini_175165Glorfindel23Cover.jpg

31062.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users