Photo

Red Alert 3 - Campaign Co-op Connection Problem

red alert 3 connection problem error campaign

Best Answer Guest_protoman1008_* , 04 July 2018 - 11:56 PM

I'd suggest to try a VPN Server in that case.

The fix seems to vary for a lot of users.

For some it was solved after port forwarding, for the others it was fixed after disabling the firewall of both PC and Router, and yes... Believe it or not some even had to use an VPN Server to get around Connection Error 1-2.

Here's a few examples:

surfeasy.com
privatetunnel.com

securitykiss.com

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OctoberFEST

OctoberFEST
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:41 AM

Me and my friend tried to play co-op and was stopped by a connection problem before the mission could begin.

We both could still chat to each other and I could ready and unready over and over again. (I was Co-commander)

Could you please look into this? I really want to play campaign with someone.

#2 Guest_protoman1008_*

Guest_protoman1008_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:34 AM

Is this about Connection Error 1-2 Connection In Progress/Failed by any chance?

#3 OctoberFEST

OctoberFEST
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:05 PM

Is this about Connection Error 1-2 Connection In Progress/Failed by any chance?

I think so maybe?

It just told us there was a connection problem whenever we try to start the campaign.

I can't test again right now as I need someone else to test this.

#4 Guest_protoman1008_*

Guest_protoman1008_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:41 PM

- I have trouble connecting to people online (this seems to happen in RA3 the most)
Solution 1: If you got the game(s) through The Ultimate Collection bundle, DOWNLOAD THIS to prevent connection issues to people that don't have The Ultimate Collection.
Solution 2: User Elancore has posted several images of all the correct Generals and Zero Hour settings. Take a look at them here.
Solution 3: Try adding C&C:Online to your Firewall exceptions. Use Google to find out how this is done.
Solution 4: Do you have Hamachi, Tunngle or similar services installed? Try to disable their virtual network devices and shut them down. If it doesn't help, try uninstalling them and rebooting your computer. The IP address in the game's Options > Network settings must be your computer's LAN IP (e.g. 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x).
Solution 5a: [NOT FOR RA3] Port forwarding: If, when starting a game, your connection always times out, try this:

•  
  • Open UDP port 16000 in your router settings. Go here if you don't know how. Use this to check if your port was succesfully opened.
  • In the game go to Options > Network and enter 16000 as the static port.

Solution 5b: [RA3 ONLY] Removing the static port: If, when starting a game in RA3, your connection always times out, try the following:
Find your game's Options.ini (this can be found by typing %appdata% in the Windows search bar and opening the game's folder there). Open Options.ini and remove the following line:

FirewallPortOverride = 16000

Then save Options.ini and set it to read only (right click > properties).
Solution 6: Try opening your DMZ in your router settings. More information on how to do this can be found here.

For people using the TG799vn v2 Router have a look here -> http://forums.revora...ks-with-a-link/

#5 OctoberFEST

OctoberFEST
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:13 PM

Thank you for this! I've changed my settings a bit, but I won't know if it's resolved until I can play with my friend again. If it works I'll let you know.

#6 Guest_protoman1008_*

Guest_protoman1008_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:28 PM

If still no dice, let us know. In worse case we could have a look into it together to see where it's coming from.

The best direct communication method for me is Discord if you have that.

You can find me on our discord server as protoman1008#4583.

What you could try before this ^ is trying an VPN Server. Some players seems to need it for some absurd reason.

#7 OctoberFEST

OctoberFEST
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 11:16 PM

Here's what I've come across.

• Changing my C&C Online launcher properties seems to prevent the game from hooking.
  • My friend does have the Ultimate Collection Bundle, but the link says that the newest Origin update broke it.
  • We both DO have Hamachi, but it seems like a long shot to completely remove it, but it there is no other way we'll try it.
  • We tried setting our network settings to our IPv4 but that didn't do much. Possibly from Hamachi.

I'm going to try removing Hamachi completely, and let you know.

#8 OctoberFEST

OctoberFEST
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 11:48 PM

We both uninstalled Hamachi and restarted our computers, set our network settings to our IPv4, and tried one last time.

It failed, and we still got a Connection Error 1-2.

The only thing I can think of that's causing the issue is how my friend is using Origin's Ultimate Collection Bundle, which seems like it won't be fixed soon.

I hope this is enough information on the issue.

Edited by OctoberFEST, 04 July 2018 - 11:49 PM.

#9 Guest_protoman1008_*

Guest_protoman1008_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2018 - 11:56 PM   Best Answer

I'd suggest to try a VPN Server in that case.

The fix seems to vary for a lot of users.

For some it was solved after port forwarding, for the others it was fixed after disabling the firewall of both PC and Router, and yes... Believe it or not some even had to use an VPN Server to get around Connection Error 1-2.

Here's a few examples:

surfeasy.com
privatetunnel.com

securitykiss.com

#10 OctoberFEST

OctoberFEST
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 02:09 AM

I'll try using a VPN, and I'll tell you if I have any luck.

oh god please work

#11 OctoberFEST

OctoberFEST
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 01:22 AM

So hello, I'm back.

I tried surfeasy, and it DID work! Unfortunately it's a paid service and the trial only lasted less than a day.

Other VPN's don't seem to work, and now I feel like I've been had. Played the first mission in Co-op, had fun, and now I can't do that anymore. What a tease.

I hope there will be a better way of doing this in the future.

#12 Guest_protoman1008_*

Guest_protoman1008_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:34 AM

There is one that offers 10 GB bandwidth per month for free, but is untested atm since I can play online without the need of any tweaks or apps for bypassing blockades.

You could give Windscribe a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users