Last Boss

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MicroQueen

MicroQueen
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 07:40 PM

You defeated many foes, slain nightmarish creatures thought to be invincible. Conquered enemies who had overwhelming numbers with nothing but your sharp wit and your charming charisma. But you did not realize how insignificant those achievements were until you faced... the captcha.

This is my first time creating an account and using this/these forums. My experience with the captcha was so hellish that I felt I had to make something. Anything. One would thing going through a captcha is the easiest thing in the world. But it is a different story for the captcha at revora forums. It is not an innocent puppy. Freshly spawned in this wretched world. The only thing standing between you and a world full of experiences. It is hellhound. Meant to protect the Niflheim, the realm of Hel. But I guess it protects any old door. It is a vicious gate keeper that akin to a rabbi he will attempt to turn you away. Every time I put in the captcha as best I could see it, I saw a red box after I pressed enter. Every. Single. Time. The following errors were found. The security code you entered was not correct. The new one has been provided. I got it right once. But I forgot to fill in the thing about the spam thing. This was the first captcha where I had to step away from the computer, catch my breath (because I was getting angry) and get a glass of water. I returned to my room, took shirt off, put my glasses back on. And gave it another try.

In the end, I didn't feel like I conquered something. I have done 1v2, 1v3 in AoM (against moderate AI, I am not that great). I didn't feel like I beat Senator Armstrong on Hard difficulty in MGR. There was no glory to be gained. Nothing that would boost my confidence or lift up my ego even a little bit. I felt like Kazuma from Konosuba. Frustrated endlessly by the shitty situation I found myself in. Sure, I might have hot companions but what good does that do when they can't carry their own weight in quests. I might have saved a city from the Demon King's vassal but I got shafted by a debt because part of the city was destroyed in the process.

So I guess this is my introduction. I love C&C and Age of Mythology (and video games in general). I like anime (I am currently rewatching Konosuba for the second time). I am a video game nerd/weeb. Nice to meet y'all.

#2 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:09 PM

You would have won a 5 dollar gift card to Subway if you completed your captcha under 2 minutes.  But getting access to Revora is a good runner-up prize.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users