• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MarKr

MarKr
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:58 AM

Hi,

I would like to ask about the last ability of the Great Goblin. It plants a totem from which player can recruit "Goblin towners" (or what are they called) for free. 

This ability seems a bit weak to me, especially when it requires level 10. The Goblin towners seem even weaker than the regular Goblins you can build, which is understandable since they are free, but by the time you get to unlock the ability you usually already have the power that gives you resources per kill (or at least the first Orc hero that has the scavenger ability as a passive) and so you can easily afford to spend resources on some better units. 

Could the ability be changed somehow? For example the totem would allow for building the regular Goblins at normal price but maybe at faster build time - so it would provide a spawn-point near the place where you need it. And/or the totem could provide some buff to goblins around (probably something other than normal leadership...maybe some attack speed buff?) or it could provide some debuff to enemies. Or your units in certain area around the totem could heal per hit... These are just some quick ideas. 

It simply seems the ability effect is not really worth the level requirement and even if the ability was moved at the lower level the effect would not really be interesting because your basic troops are pretty much always affordable and are better than the Goblin towners that this ability spawns.

#2 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:33 AM

Check out the Misty Mountains' faction plan to see what we've got planned in terms of changes.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#3 MarKr

MarKr
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:29 PM

Oh, I thought that was some first draft and now in 3.0 the faction is pretty much finished. I am new to the mod and 3.0 was the first version I've played.

So never mind...though the totem ability in the vanilla game was a nice thing to have, I hope you'll find a place for in AotR too...perhaps Urshak could get something like that? He is a support hero so some stationary AoE buff/debuff ability (that lasts until the totem is destroyed) would fit there :)

Anyway, I'm looking forward for the final version of Misty Mountains...Troll Lair looks cool :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users