Hi, first of all: Sorry for my bad english, my german is much better
Me and two other friends are using the Ultimate Collection-Version of C&C Generals Zero Hour with Origin and couldn't play together against AI in a custom match. The error message says "Unable connect to other players". After reading dozens of threads in here we tried nearly all suggestions to get rid of the problem without success.
The game/Windows versions we use:
- Generals: 1.08
- Zero Hour: 1.04
- GenTool: 7.4
- Windows 7 x64 SP1
What we did:
1. Downloading and installing C&C Generals Zero Hour via Origin
2. Installing GenTool 7.4
3. Installing the C&C The Ultimate Collection Launcher fix by bibber.eu (https://bibber.eu/do...tion-launchers/)
4. Checked ports with the cmd-tool NATNegTest by revora (http://server.cnc-on.../NATNegTest.rar)
My Results (the other two results stated the same):
Using server nntest.cnc-online.net:30000
Bound to local port 60943
Bound to local alternate port 60944
Resolving hostname 'nntest.cnc-online.net'...
Resolved server host to be '184.108.40.206'
Sending client INIT from port 60943 to nntest.cnc-online.net:30000
Received server INIT 
Our public address is 220.127.116.11:60943
Sending client INIT2  from port 60944 to nntest.cnc-online.net:30000
Received server INIT2 
Our alternate public address is 18.104.22.168:60944
Sending cient START  from port 60944 to nntest.cnc-online.net:30000
Received server START 
Server extra port is 40000
Sending client PING  from port 60943 to nntest.cnc-online.net:40000
Received server PING(1) 
Received server PING(2) 
Received server PING(3) 
Received 3 pings from nntest.cnc-online.net:40000.
NAT negotiation works with your router and connection.
==> You do not have to use port forwarding.
Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .
5. Set compability mode to Win XP SP3 and tick the box for "run this program as an administrator" in properties of the shortcut of Zero Hour-generals.exe
6. Disabled the Origin-overlay ingame (unticked the box for "Activate Origin in Game for C&C Generals and Zero Hour" in Origin)
7. Made an expetion for Zero Hour-generals.exe in Windows' firewall
8. Forwarded ports in FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable (Provider Unitymedia), TCP ports: 80, 6667, 28910, 29900, 29920 & UDP ports: 4321, 27900, 16000
9. Checked port status with Port Forward Utility (https://portforward....work-utilities/): All forwarded ports are open and running well
10a. Applied the forwarded port 29900 in ingame options and checked box for "Send Delay" as suggested here: https://www.gamerepl...port-forwarding
10b. Tried also the forwarded port 16000 in ingame options with checked and with unchecked box for "Send Delay" as suggested here: https://forums.revor...sues-solutions/
11. Resetted TCP/IP by prompeting "netsh int ip reset c:\logdatei.log" in cmd.exe
- Didn't fully exposed the FRITZ!Box (didn't make the router as DMZ), because of the results of Port Forward Utility
- Didn't make exceptions for said ports in Windows firewall because of the results of Port Forward Utility
- All of us are using dynamic IPs, no static IPs
- I have an IPv4-connection from my provider, the other two friends have an IPv6-connection from their providers (the first one is also Unitymedia, the other one is Vodafone) (but our specified IPs as stated for online and local in the ingame options are always the same)
- We tested the procedure with activated and deactivated antivirus-software
We would appreciate any suggestions! Please tell me if you need more information.
Edited by Vhizzler, 08 August 2018 - 10:57 AM.