-SilverBane-

Inactive Noob

• Project Team
  • 474 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Mapper & Coder

Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:00 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to fix a problem that's been a pain in my popular map Keep Defense since its release 3 years ago: in this map I'm using the cirith ungol walls, which look very cool. But there are many problems with them (starting with the fact that in worldbuilder they are 160ft high in the air): 

- Units can't walk on them where do you tell them most of the time. This one is especially visible for the gatehouse cirith ungol object. I've been trying to fix these issues by adding some rivendell walkaways just underneath the walls and it somehow made it slightly better, but i can't do that on the gatehouse. Units will always go in the opposite, direction, trying to go down the walls. You need many clicks to get them to walk on top of the gate, and then you need to press S to make them stand there.

- I want my units to be able to shoot the units in front of the gate from anywhere on the walls, but they only do so from certain spots that dont' always work (speaking of enemy units RIGHT in front of the gate, the units farther away are picked off just fine by my archers, but shooting just below is tricky).

Is there some way to make my archers ignore the wall and just shoot under the gate? (but still being on top of it). I wouldn't want them to shoot from inside the castle through the walls, just from the top of the wall. Any ideas? (also,   enemy creep units shouldn't be able to shoot through the walls)

Thanks.

2qm3dd5.jpg

#2 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:20 AM

Did you manage to fix this?
I think it probably has something to do with the collisions of the gate, or even possibly the geometry which allows units to walk on it.
Not sure this is fixable though, what have you tried so far?
Ridder Geel

#3 -SilverBane-

-SilverBane-

Inactive Noob

• Project Team
  • 474 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Mapper & Coder

Posted 21 November 2018 - 11:42 AM

I managed to fix the archers shootin thru wall part, there were a couple shrubs that had geometry that obstructed archer vision, LOL  :evgr:

However, not the walking on the wall part, at least not fully. I did got it to work somewhat better somehow (i dont remember now exactly how), but i remember I changed some RampMesh and PlaneMesh things in the w3d module that made them walk properly, however it obstructed the gate below .... so i reverted to what it was before and i did something else which made it more manageable. It's still a pain sometimes though.

2qm3dd5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users