Photo

Corrupt Registry thing.. (it was fine for a while, so i dont think this is a repeat topic)

Best Answer Guest_protoman1008_* , 26 September 2018 - 07:14 PM

That's why I suggested a System Restore. :p

System Restore should also revert the Windows Registry back to what it used to be.

In search, look for SystemPropertiesProtection.exe.

If System Protection happens to be enabled on the C drive, you should be able to revert unwanted changes back to what it was by clicking on System Restore.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Ultra_Chu

Ultra_Chu
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 05:34 PM

Uhm well, i went through BS to figure out how to work mods in with CNC Online launcher, thats all nice and dandy but now it seems my registry is F****d because i cant connect online and it says my stuff's corrupt.

I deleted (backed it up) the registries and the game, re installed. nothing re appeared, so i opened the exported registries which brings me back to square 1. Wtf am i supposed to do.. 

Win7
Running as Admin with Compatibility, tried without, no difference. Man what a hassle..

Heeelp
thanks

Edited by Ultra_Chu, 26 September 2018 - 05:38 PM.

#2 Guest_protoman1008_*

Guest_protoman1008_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2018 - 05:58 PM

If the game worked before and it doesn't now, have you also checked if there's a System Restore by any chance?

System Restore allows you to revert certain made changes back to what it used to be, this even includes corrupted updates from Windows Update etc.

Edited by protoman1008, 26 September 2018 - 05:58 PM.

#3 Ultra_Chu

Ultra_Chu
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 06:06 PM

The thing is i've probably edited/deleted/added/fiddled with it too many times, i dont remember what the original stuff even looked like anymore lol.. And there wasn't an update that messed anything up for me either

It looks something like this 
--Electronic Arts

EA Core

EA Games
Electronic Arts

Red Alert 3

ergc

the RA3 has like 20 things in it (as in those Ab thingies) and i honestly dont think there's supposed to be that much in there.
the ergc has the serial key as it should. I think i broke it xd

#4 Guest_protoman1008_*

Guest_protoman1008_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2018 - 07:14 PM   Best Answer

That's why I suggested a System Restore. :p

System Restore should also revert the Windows Registry back to what it used to be.

In search, look for SystemPropertiesProtection.exe.

If System Protection happens to be enabled on the C drive, you should be able to revert unwanted changes back to what it was by clicking on System Restore.

Edited by protoman1008, 26 September 2018 - 07:14 PM.

#5 Ultra_Chu

Ultra_Chu
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 07:23 PM

aighty then.. ima do that

#6 Ultra_Chu

Ultra_Chu
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 07:46 PM

Woooo Worked. 

#7 Guest_protoman1008_*

Guest_protoman1008_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:15 PM

What a relieve.  :thumbsuphappy:

#8 Ultra_Chu

Ultra_Chu
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:52 PM

What a relieve.  :thumbsuphappy:

Btw, with Zero Hour how do i get passed that "checking for updates" screen when i hit multiplayer>online ?

#9 Guest_protoman1008_*

Guest_protoman1008_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2018 - 10:09 PM

Would be best to wait for ToxicShock to reply.

My knowledge regarding Generals is very limited in comparison to C&C3, KW and RA3.

#10 Ultra_Chu

Ultra_Chu
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:12 AM

Would be best to wait for ToxicShock to reply.

My knowledge regarding Generals is very limited in comparison to C&C3, KW and RA3.

It seems this registry problem occurs whenever i add a mod. i even exported everything for backup in a folder, didnt change a thing, always had to system restore. (so 2 times)

Does the Restore date matter? like, say in a month from now if i do it will i still be getting things proper or in the event of an incorrect registry will i be stuck. 

Or does it just sort of automatically repair shit 

#11 Guest_protoman1008_*

Guest_protoman1008_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2018 - 06:32 AM

I can't imagine that a mod breaks the game...
In which directory do you install the mods and how are you trying to run mods?
As example by shortcut command or -ui parameter?

Edited by protoman1008, 28 September 2018 - 06:33 AM.

#12 Ultra_Chu

Ultra_Chu
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:31 PM

they're in Documents/RA3/Mods/The actual mod folder 

running them through a -ui on the RA3 hooked shortcut. So i hit RA3 shortcut then it opens the CnC Online launcher, i hit RA3 it opens the menu and i go for the mod. 

Everything works fine (including going online with the mod, although no ones there xd) after the system restore point but it seems that it fucks something up whenever i add a new one. 

I only have one on my mind anyhow being the Generals Evolution w.i.p so once thats a thing i probably wont have to deal with it anymore, but its still pretty wack that it happens to me

it messes up the entire RA3 registry thing not just for the mods though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users