Zero Hour - Can't connect to C&C Generals Zero Hour Online

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JCD_Gameanater

JCD_Gameanater
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:33 PM

Hello. I've followed the setup instructions for cnc-online and have GenTool installed and up to date. However when I try to login inside Zero Hour with the email and Server Password on my account, I get an error in-game that says "Can't connect to C&C Generals Zero Hour Online".

I double-checked that I was using the correct password and I was. When I intentionally flubbed the password just to make sure, it told me my password was incorrect. So as far as I can tell communication with the CnCOnline servers is happening, I just can't connect in-game for some reason. 

I also created a second Persona in-game, JCDGameanater instead of JCD_Gameanater, and the change is reflected on My Profiles.

I am using Windows 10 with The First Decade version of Zero Hour.

I can't seem to find CNCOnline_Log.txt when performing a search in Windows.

I can't seem to copy-paste from the diagnostic tool so I took a screenshot instead. 

http://www.cnclabs.c...--Or-don-t.aspx (I couldn't figure out how to attach an image after already posting this. Sorry)

Edited by JCD_Gameanater, 09 October 2018 - 02:51 AM.

#2 SkyMix_RMT

SkyMix_RMT
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 12:12 AM

Although I am not certain this has any effect, do you have generals as a firewall exception?

#3 JCD_Gameanater

JCD_Gameanater
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 03:04 AM

Although I am not certain this has any effect, do you have generals as a firewall exception?

It turned out I did not for the instance I was using. (I have multiple copies of the directory for the sake of using mods). However adding it did not change anything unfortunately....

#4 JCD_Gameanater

JCD_Gameanater
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 03:22 AM

Further update: 

I tried using the "Refresh NAT" setting in game to see if that did anything. It did not. Still unable to connect.

#5 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 09 October 2018 - 06:49 AM

Please could you open Windows PowerShell (type PowerShell at the start menu) and in the window type and enter

Test-NetConnection peerchat.server.cnc-online.net -port 6667

Then post the output in here.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#6 JCD_Gameanater

JCD_Gameanater
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 05:17 AM

Please could you open Windows PowerShell (type PowerShell at the start menu) and in the window type and enter

Test-NetConnection peerchat.server.cnc-online.net -port 6667

Then post the output in here.

Massive apologies for not responding for like two weeks. Life got in the way, heheh.

Here you go -

PS C:\Users\*My real name*> Test-NetConnection peerchat.server.cnc-online.net -port 6667

ComputerName     : peerchat.server.cnc-online.net
RemoteAddress    : 185.17.144.132
RemotePort       : 6667
InterfaceAlias   : Wi-Fi
SourceAddress    : 192.168.1.28
TcpTestSucceeded : True

PS C:\Users\*My real name*>

#7 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 26 October 2018 - 07:54 AM

Can you check that the online IP address in Options is an address on your local network (that you use to connect to the internet). i.e. I will probably start 192. and hopefully will be the 192.168.1.28 showing in your previous post.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#8 iTzRiskx

iTzRiskx
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:38 PM

I'm having issues with the game Io was able to play the game online normally.but now dosent pass the checking for update step it just stay like that for 1-2 mins than it said not able to connect to cnc servers please check your enthernet connection plz help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users