Photo

I maed these (cameos for some not buildable stuff)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:33 PM

Once I've suggested that some non-buildable units and buildings should have cameo icons as well, just in case a mini-modder or a mapper needs them. I've taken the matter into my own hands. This OP will be updated every time I make something that is worthy of uploading. Download Links for all these can be found in my forum signature. As this thread's purpose is not only showcasing my stuff, but also to gather feedback, constructive criticism, helpful advice, and in-game testing will be appreciated. It should be noted that most of these will probably not appear in game unless you also modify the artMO.ini file to make it happen. I will NOT provide an artMO.ini file. All downloads also contain PNG versions that can be used outside the game, and raw versions that do not have special insignia or text on them, which can be useful, if someone wants to make localized versions. The raw versions are in RGB color format, instead of indexed 256. This is because switching to indexed should be done as the last step after adding everything to the icon.

Yuri Prime (v5):
Based on the wonderful Proper textless and glossless RA2/YR cameos made by tomsons26lv. I also smoothed out the colors a bit to take full advantage of the PCX format. Furthermore, the commando, amphibious, and veteran insignia are now more crisp and in the right place. Finally, I flipped the portrait horizontally (except for the Hebrew letters on his forehead) to make it less noticeably similar to the Epsilon Elite.
TGnpJK4.png 6TpqYKK.png

Space Commando (v3):
Based on this depiction of the Zone Enforcer from Tiberian Twilight. Version 3 is identical to version 2 except for the commando and veteran insignia being more crisp and moved to the right place.
RFeaDV9.png H8ufUKW.png

Allied Jackal (Obsolete):
Based on the voxel image of the unit. Now obsolete, since Mental Omega 3.3.5 includes an official sidebar icon for it.
AEINu3s.png K0c1D95.png

Gravitron:
Based on the voxel image of the unit.
iGSkhaj.png y07Mn3X.png

Edited by Divine, 26 November 2021 - 09:13 PM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#2 OfficialLolicon

OfficialLolicon

I just exist to whine about random stuff

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Projects:Various mods of various games
  •  Modder

Posted 23 October 2018 - 04:29 PM

Yuri Icon seems nice. I actually manage to saw your second one (IIRC, that was Yuri's face looking at us, right?) and I also liked it.

I like the progress, but I find the Cyborg Commando a bit off. I don't why, maybe the gun? helmet? No idea...

Pretty nice, I must say.

Are you also planning to make one for units and aircraft (if any)?

Currently playing the Touhou Series

You can use mission units in MO here

Spoiler

#3 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 05:31 PM

Yuri Icon seems nice. I actually manage to saw your second one (IIRC, that was Yuri's face looking at us, right?) and I also liked it.

I like the progress, but I find the Cyborg Commando a bit off. I don't why, maybe the gun? helmet? No idea...

Pretty nice, I must say.

Hmmm on second thought my Space Commando icon is kinda shit... I can't draw at all, and I could not find any concept / fan art so I used the closest thing I could, the devastator marine. Unfortunately, details were lost in the recoloring process and now it's blob of brown pixels. I'll try to do better next time.

What units and aircraft exactly do you want to see?

Edited by Divine, 23 October 2018 - 05:32 PM.

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron

#4 SukaHati

SukaHati
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 04:39 AM

Topol-M

#5 OfficialLolicon

OfficialLolicon

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:44 PM

Pretty nice, I must say.

Hmmm on second thought my Space Commando icon is kinda shit... I can't draw at all, and I could not find any concept / fan art so I used the closest thing I could, the devastator marine. Unfortunately, details were lost in the recoloring process and now it's blob of brown pixels. I'll try to do better next time.

What units and aircraft exactly do you want to see?

A lot tbh.. but, seeing one for the Paradox Engine, Super Apoc, Perun and even one for the Super Thor would be great!

Ofc, that depends if you wanna do it

Spoiler

#6 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:37 PM

A lot tbh.. but, seeing one for the Paradox Engine, Super Apoc, Perun and even one for the Super Thor would be great!

Ofc, that depends if you wanna do it

Paradox should be doable, there's plenty of fan art of it, the super apoc and the thor would be harder. As for the Perun, it already has an icon in the game files, it's just that the artMO.ini does not use it. You can see it on the wikipedia page:

https://moapyr.fando.../Perun_Flagship

Topol-M

Good idea, should be easy too. I'll do it.

#7 Revan0123

Revan0123
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Former Sith Lord who's stuck on earth, playing Video Games :P

Posted 25 October 2018 - 04:29 PM

I'm liking these icons. Nice work :)

#8 OfficialLolicon

OfficialLolicon

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 26 October 2018 - 05:16 PM

Paradox should be doable, there's plenty of fan art of it, the super apoc and the thor would be harder. As for the Perun, it already has an icon in the game files, it's just that the artMO.ini does not use it. You can see it on the wikipedia page:

Can't identify what the Perun's icon is sadly.

Nice work with the V3 and Topol platforms!

Spoiler

#9 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 11:11 PM

peruicon.pcx

Edited by Divine, 01 November 2018 - 11:11 PM.

#10 OfficialLolicon

OfficialLolicon

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:38 PM

peruicon.pcx

Thank you!

Spoiler

#11 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 08:33 PM

What about modifying existing cameos? Like custom cameos for campaign units that appear in different faction colors, like soviet lashers, chinese and Japanese prototypes of Foehn equipment, the "Scrapyard" mantis and stinger, etc. I'm drawing inspiration from the old "capture pack" for vanilla YR that had allied, soviet, and Yuri versions of every faction's vehicles, complete with themed cameos (snowy background for soviet, sunny for allied, ashy and dark for Yuri). 

#12 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 09:23 PM

What about modifying existing cameos? Like custom cameos for campaign units that appear in different faction colors, like soviet lashers, chinese and Japanese prototypes of Foehn equipment, the "Scrapyard" mantis and stinger, etc. I'm drawing inspiration from the old "capture pack" for vanilla YR that had allied, soviet, and Yuri versions of every faction's vehicles, complete with themed cameos (snowy background for soviet, sunny for allied, ashy and dark for Yuri). 

I thought of it. But I only want to make cameos that are at least of acceptable quality, and simply recoloring existing ones don't fit in that category. TBH I probably shouldn't have uploaded the V3 and the Space Commando either, the more I look at them the more crap I think they are. I'm proud of the Topol-M, tho.

#13 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:31 PM

Yeah, especially if it is or at least resembles a real world vehicle. 

#14 CositaName

CositaName
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2021 - 12:25 AM

Hi, still working in cameos?

#15 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 14 November 2021 - 12:05 PM

Hi, still working in cameos?

Eh... not really. But if you have a specific request, I might try to put together something. No promises, though.

#16 CositaName

CositaName
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 12:53 AM

Eh... not really. But if you have a specific request, I might try to put together something. No promises, though.

Oh dont worry then, dont wanna annoy you. I liked the idea of cameo for not-buildable things but if you already dropped the idea is okay.

Thanks for answer anyway, and thank you for your other cameos.

#17 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 06:14 PM

Oh dont worry then, dont wanna annoy you. I liked the idea of cameo for not-buildable things but if you already dropped the idea is okay.

Come on, spit it out! I actually started making cameos again. Speaking of which... brand new Yuri Prime cameo, updated Space Commando cameo, and last but not least, I made one for the Gravitron as well!
Here you can see the Gravitron along with a bunch of other units on the sidebar, I hope everyone will agree that it fits in nicely. And the two units with missing icons? That's a surprise for later :)
Spoiler

Edited by Divine, 26 November 2021 - 06:15 PM.

#18 Zharakov

Zharakov
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  •  Everyone dies....But not everyone truly LIVES

Posted 11 January 2022 - 04:55 AM

Oh dont worry then, dont wanna annoy you. I liked the idea of cameo for not-buildable things but if you already dropped the idea is okay.

Come on, spit it out! I actually started making cameos again. Speaking of which... brand new Yuri Prime cameo, updated Space Commando cameo, and last but not least, I made one for the Gravitron as well!
Here you can see the Gravitron along with a bunch of other units on the sidebar, I hope everyone will agree that it fits in nicely. And the two units with missing icons? That's a surprise for later :)
Spoiler

would you make one for the gehenna-antares version from the moon? also making death's hand would be cool if you haven't made it already :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users