• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Zoombek

Zoombek
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 11:38 AM

i need a PC \ laptop...

i was wondering about the minimum requirements to run MO without any lag but couldn't find the info.

i currently have the lenovo T420 potato with 8g-ram - the game starts to stutter if there are over a 100 characters in the game...

#2 Guest_protoman1008_*

Guest_protoman1008_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2018 - 03:02 PM

Is your laptop an NVidia/Intel hybrid by any chance?

If so, you should be able to force the game to use the NVidia chip over the integrated Intel Chip.

Usually integrated Intel/AMD graphics cards are terrible for gaming performance.

Not sure if you have this option by right clicking on the game's EXE or shortcut?

http://prntscr.com/lasqid

#3 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 03:12 PM

i need a PC \ laptop...

i was wondering about the minimum requirements to run MO without any lag but couldn't find the info.

i currently have the lenovo T420 potato with 8g-ram - the game starts to stutter if there are over a 100 characters in the game...

I sometimes play MO on a notebook that has 1,2GB RAM. I'm pretty sure I could rig my old calculator to run it, if I really wanted to. Joke aside, the system requirements are likely the same as plain old RA2, maybe a little bit higher.  

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#4 Zoombek

Zoombek
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 04:10 PM

Is your laptop an NVidia/Intel hybrid by any chance?

If so, you should be able to force the game to use the NVidia chip over the integrated Intel Chip.

Usually integrated Intel/AMD graphics cards are terrible for gaming performance.

Not sure if you have this option by right clicking on the game's EXE or shortcut?

http://prntscr.com/lasqid

unfortunately its not a hybrid. i don't have the option you mentioned. 
thanks anyway.

#5 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 26 October 2018 - 09:50 PM

You need Win 7 at most for OS to have the least technical problem. The rest comes to your processor core and RAM... then your renderer that you use in MO

But if you want Juggernaut and the likes to play smoothly, forget it. The GAME itself is too weak, not your computer

Edited by Handepsilon, 26 October 2018 - 09:50 PM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#6 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 27 October 2018 - 02:04 AM

I can run it on a laptop with Widows XP and 1 GB ram btw, however playing a 2v2 or a game with many units will eventually decrease FPS to 10-15 and less. Strange thing is, my other PC which has 2GB ram and 2GHz CPU as opposed to laptop's 1 and 1.6 runs MO much worse, with FPS being 2 times less, even though the graphics card is not integrated. I have no idea how a weaker laptop runs it better but that's how it is. The game itself uses an old engine that's simply not optimized for modern PCs with multi-core CPU, so unless each core works at like 3GHz you won't have smooth fps in large battles. Changing your renderer might help in some situations unless the lag is caused by many units in the game, not on the screen.

Edited by Damfoos, 27 October 2018 - 02:06 AM.

#7 Zoombek

Zoombek
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 12:55 PM

Thanks guys, changing the renderer from DDrawCompact to TS-DDRAW-2 had good results!
although there still is a bit of stuttering when having 300+ chars in game.

when i'll have more time i'll try changing the renderer again until i hopefully get the desired 60fps with 500+ chars in-game.

if any of you know the best renderer to choose for an old laggy pc please tell!
thanks for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users