• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Narath

Narath
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Projects:Storm of Iron, WH 40k Eternal Wars

Posted 21 November 2018 - 02:03 AM

I know it seems the modding community is practically dead or largely inactive but I still like to attempt making a steampunk mod for C&C 3.

First of all is it possible to model for C&C 3 using Blender and if not there an easy access to older versions of 3DSMax without breaking the bank?

Secondly is there a way to port, clone or emulate some of the effects from BFME2? The reason being is the mod I want to do will use melee infantry.

Best tutorial to change the interface by giving units more options for upgrades and build options instead of the traditional menu on the right-hand corner?

#2 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 21 November 2018 - 02:58 AM

If it's dead, then how do you explain   Y O U?

And yea, all those things are possible.  BFME 2 and Tiberium Wars were both made in the exact same engine, and there's even BFME stuff already in the TW files and coding.  They copy and pasted quite a few things.  I'm sure there are tutorials on how to mess around with stuff like that.

#3 Narath

Narath
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:17 AM

I don't get any responses and 9 times out of 10 the C&C 3 portions of the community have not seen activity in the last few years. So maybe not dead but pretty inactive.

Pertaining to the rest of your response the only reason why I don't go with BFME2 for this mod is C&C 3 handles large sized units like the epic units better than the former and the SAGE engine can be pushed pretty far before it gets unstable. Also BFME2 doesn't seem to handle some of the "shootiness" and vehicular.

#4 Narath

Narath
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 12:19 PM

The most important question here is can I render models using Blender instead of getting 3DSmax?

#5 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 03:37 AM

The most important question here is can I render models using Blender instead of getting 3DSmax?

No.

3D Max 7 or 9.

#6 Narath

Narath
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 07:46 AM

And do you realize how much it costs to buy 3DSMAX?

So there is absolutely no cheaper alternatives whatsoever?

#7 Narath

Narath
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 11:38 PM

Bump

#8 Narath

Narath
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:49 PM

It's dead because let's look at the responses shall we? Look at the time stamps...

I rest my case.

One active person an active community does not make.  So then how do you explain T H A T?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users