How I Play the challenge Maps

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Donten

Donten
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:40 AM

Edit: NOTE I already play and win the challenges  Im just Replaying it with added things and Having fun LOL

So I just wanna share how I play the Challenge Map this 3.3.4 update....

Every time I finish the challenge I would take one Tech with me then use it on other Challenge map! lol ...Really fun actually XD

1st. I would play with Hard AI (as my team mate) on Mental.. then if I win I take 1 Tech with me as my Trophy!! like the super apocalypse tank 

After I got new units or buildings I would try the challenge again or another challenge solo on Mental and 10 all IQ Ai and see if I could win T_T

So far I beat the freedom Challenge on Mental and 10 IQ level :) Still so Hard to beat tho...

My Current TECH from other Challenges:

Super Apocalypse Tank - Battle City?

Steintek Tower? That tower form Texthound

Yuri Head  - Purgatory

GARAIN - Regenbogen

Eiffel Tower (lol)

my Next Challenge is Molten Core but IDK what tech to get if I win it

I finish the Freedom too but IDK what Tech to get....

Time killer, this i still dont know how to implement the speed boost...

Oruborus.... if I can get another void machine special... it would so cool!

still so many challenge to win and Tech to steal >_<

Sooo what do you think guys... What Tech would choose to take?

Big thanks to teh Zoomap where I get unit codes and Handepsilon for other Custom Maps.

Edited by Donten, 26 November 2018 - 01:53 AM.

#2 mrvecz

mrvecz
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 10:46 AM

So you are modding the game files to give yourself those insanely overpowered units ?

Well, doesnt that break the maps ? You are not supposed to play this way, you are supposed to use tactics and game's knowledge and thats where the enjoyability of challenges lies.

If i would remove everything i "dislike" (Like having to bother with defences by giving myself super OP tanks or defences) the challenges would lost their point. I could play normal skirmish map instead.... 

#3 Donten

Donten
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 12:47 PM

So you are modding the game files to give yourself those insanely overpowered units ?

Well, doesnt that break the maps ? You are not supposed to play this way, you are supposed to use tactics and game's knowledge and thats where the enjoyability of challenges lies.

If i would remove everything i "dislike" (Like having to bother with defences by giving myself super OP tanks or defences) the challenges would lost their point. I could play normal skirmish map instead.... 

Well I have a rule Like I said I would beat the Challenge first with a Hard AI team mate in order to get the TECH. Then play it again in Solo mental and level 10 IQ AI...

Also I sometimes nerf the unit if its to OP... like set a build limit or lower the HP

Edited by Donten, 23 November 2018 - 12:54 PM.

#4 Polaris Starnor

Polaris Starnor
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:36 PM

It’s not even a challenge once you get one of the techs though

#5 Donten

Donten
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 01:20 AM

It’s not even a challenge once you get one of the techs though

Yeah I admit some mission is became too easy LOL but some are fun too... And other is Still so Hard but only solo mode

#6 Polaris Starnor

Polaris Starnor
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 02:20 AM

1 Effiel tower and it’s already a joke just do the challenges the way they were meant to be done.

#7 Donten

Donten
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 09:55 AM

1 Effiel tower and it’s already a joke just do the challenges the way they were meant to be done.

Then you try it on solo mental Hard AI then LOL... let see if 1 eiffel tower willl make the game a JOKe or will make you win Easily

Like Battle City for example

#8 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 24 November 2018 - 11:59 AM

You're kidding right? Tell me you're kidding.

So you're implying that a building that basically oneshots all the things in the game MAY not be enough to defend against the AI in what is supposedly one of the easiest challenge maps in MO.

Are you high?

Edited by Handepsilon, 24 November 2018 - 04:54 PM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#9 Polaris Starnor

Polaris Starnor
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 02:49 PM

Of all challenges battle city? That’s one of the easier ones in comparison to so many, no real gimmicks, just an occasional team of death tanks, and yes I really do think the Effiel Tower is all it’ll take to defend against most in not all challenges.

#10 Donten

Donten
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 03:59 AM

You're kidding right? Tell me you're kidding.

So you're implying that a building that basically oneshots all the things in the game MAY not be enough to defend against the AI in what is supposedly one of the easiest challenge maps in MO.

Are you high?

IDK but i nerf my Eiffel tower Damage. It cant really 1 shot  anything and the range is nerf too hahaha... 

Yo Senpai how you can make the AI build the SMAMM too?

Of all challenges battle city? That’s one of the easier ones in comparison to so many, no real gimmicks, just an occasional team of death tanks, and yes I really do think the Effiel Tower is all it’ll take to defend against most in not all challenges.

Hahaha Idk bro but I feel its so hard for meh... Maybe because of the mod I made on my game (Me is noob at modding) the comp is like sending lots of kirovs and Volkovs and demotruck....

Also I mod 5mins nuke strike and 2.5 Iron Curtain so im always at panic mode LOL

Anyways Sorry for the confusion guys T_T

Edited by Donten, 25 November 2018 - 04:01 AM.

#11 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 25 November 2018 - 05:43 AM

Yeah, I really feel that you should just do the challenges as intended. Mine personally is already tuned so you should be able to beat the challenges with Hardest difficulty with a partner without Mental AI Boost

Mental Boost breaks challenges sometimes anyways. Watercube AIs become braindead due to lack of building space for example.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#12 OfficialLolicon

OfficialLolicon

I just exist to whine about random stuff

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Projects:Various mods of various games
  •  Modder

Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:52 AM

Challenges are fun all around, modded or not. But from it the name itself, it's best to play them the way they are :p 

But basing on what you did, you just basically turned the entire game into a challenge lol..

Mental Boost breaks challenges sometimes anyways. Watercube AIs become braindead due to lack of building space for example.

Sounds like a thing the devs should fix..

(Disable Mental AI Boost on some challenges to prevent this or have it locked in certain challenges maybe?)

Currently playing the Touhou Series

You can use mission units in MO here

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users