Photo

anyone got any tips for beating foehn a.i's with any of the allied factions?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 arandompersons

arandompersons
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:09 PM

urgh. i just can't seem to do anything against em. i keep getting lancer rushed. and even if i survive that, i just get tank rushed.... anyone got any ideas on how i am meant to beat em? cause infantry spamming does me no good. urgh. E.A can't do much against em from my experience... not without charons and gunships. USA can't do much as far as i can see unless they hit T3. and i probs wont bother with pacific front... can't wrap my head around cryo stuffs :L

i know i'm not that grand but some advice would be appreciated.

Edited by arandompersons, 04 December 2018 - 04:10 PM.

#2 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:24 PM

GI IFV for infantry rush maybe? You gotta micro them away from Lancers all the time for it to work. Pillboxes also work well against even Lancers. Still gotta try to find a way to reach T3 tho. That's a must for any factions

I'm recommending you to use GS 4 or 5 btw. Maybe 4 since 5 on SP would be too fast.

Edited by Handepsilon, 04 December 2018 - 07:27 PM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#3 Polaris Starnor

Polaris Starnor
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:59 AM

GI IFVs for sure, up the ante to seals once you get that airfield, a cluster of pillboxes should do fine, and toss out some GGIs before the tanks start to roll in, and that should be your T1.
In T2 replace the GIs in the IFVs with seals, get a cluster of rocketeers, they'll be able to provide firepower support in general, along with using jets to break down tanks or snipe infantry where applicable, plus, of course each factions T2 specific vehicle, warhawk for America, Mirage for EA, Zephyrs for PF.

On a side note, PF is less on cryotechnology specifically and more on overall distant strikes, which most of their signature armor columns outranging most forces, having an artillery with one of the highest ranges, and battle tortoises + surpressors that are able to fend off enemies for the Zephyrs and Blizzards to strike.

#4 CrimsonRaider

CrimsonRaider
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:06 AM

Send some spies to get vehichle/infantry veterancy, then power down. Then:
- EU: Destroy 2 or 3 windtraps with thors, then prism tanks against production buildings and lancers, mirages against teratorns (maybe rocketeers to guard the land forces), then back up, and finish the rest with thors (or leave them, because without production and conyard, they will give up)
- USA: athenas against power and production, conyard, abrams against units and Tanya against infantry.

- PF: send a couple of tortoises filled with a suppressor, 2 CGIs, and a seal (or CLEG). And then send Norio to help destroying everything. :D He is better against buildings than 3 hailstorms.
I personally don't even use T1 and T2 (exception: warhawk, mirage) vehichles, they are far inferior compared to T3. And useless when you hit T3. Aaaand you don't have to spam them (spamming is garbage, and shows the pure lack of tactical thinking). 3 or 4 of each T3 unit is more than enough.
And defending your base against AI is easy until you reach T3 when you can concentrate on attacking them.

Edited by CrimsonRaider, 05 December 2018 - 07:13 AM.

#5 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:57 AM

In General, AI handles base defenses rather badly, so build a lot of them. It also handles flying units badly, so, for example, using massed Thor Gunships or Rocketeers is an effective defensive strategy. You will need strong AA against the AI's inevitable Quetzal spam anyway. Assuming that you play against hard AI with mental boost, you will have to rely on artillery heavily to chew at their base faster than the AI can rebuild. Athena cannons and Hailstorms work wonders, Europe has a bit harder time but Prism Tanks and Siegfried can get the job done. The battle against hard-mental AI is inevitably a war of attrition, so capturing tech hospitals and maintenance facilities can help you greatly. As an attack strategy, try to go for power ASAP, then against production buildings, maybe using Barracudas in suicide runs. Foehn AI is still horribly weak against spies, use that too.

Edited by Divine, 12 December 2018 - 11:58 AM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#6 Thesilver

Thesilver
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 03:43 PM

It cannot be stated just how badly the AI copes with flying units. Of all units with AA they only ever engage them defensively meaning the aircraft need to shoot at the ground unit first. If the AI sends a group of 7 flak tracks past 1 warhawk only the one that the warhawk is shooting at will retaliate in any way. This also kinda cheeses any defend mission like juggernaut, wolfhounds to strong there. Dedicated AA units don't function in the hands of the AI, some of them are build but they can't be scripted to hunt any aircraft, they just sit around the base defensively. As someone who managed to do every single challenge solo with the mental boost i can tell you one thing. When the AI barely targets them aircraft becomes the key for every one of them.

#7 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:07 PM

Yes, that. AI, no matter the faction or difficultly, is forever hindered in AA capacity. 

#8 LordDesolator777

LordDesolator777
  • Members
  • 45 posts
  • Projects:Getting better at MO

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:14 PM

Never underestimate the power of a swarm of Warhawks. On their own or in small groups, they suck. Build like 20+ and the AI will have a very bad day.

#9 arandompersons

arandompersons
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:23 PM

thanks for all of the help. i gotta try some of these things :O

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users