Stuck at "Checking for updates..." C&C ZERO HOUR

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OGKnight

OGKnight
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:23 AM

Hi whenever i click on online to play i keep getting stuck on "checking for updates...." and it never takes me in to login to play online games/servers.

#2 Renegade12345

Renegade12345
  • Project Team
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:06 AM

Which Version do you use? Did you try to run it in compability mode and as an Admin? Do you have a vpn?

#3 Leikeze

Leikeze
  • Project Team
  • 89 posts
  • Projects:ZH: Replay Reviews, Moderation, & Tech Support
  •  Drifting Poster

Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:30 PM

First of all, 

Is this a new issue? I mean, were you able to log in sometime before today?

Secondly,

(see the above post).

Thirdly,

Have you run into this problem after doing software/hardware updates?

Please! Please! try Windscribe free VPN to see if it fixes all of your ZH-Online connection issues!

You shouldn't use the C&C:Online launcher to launch Generals or Zero Hour.   If you are playing only those games, you should unhook and uninstall the C&C:Online launcher and install GenToolWhen you have done that, you just launch the game from its ordinary shortcut.     If you are using the Ultimate Collection, you should install this first; C&C Ultimate Collection Launchers.

hNdBUVK.jpg

#4 OGKnight

OGKnight
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:16 PM

Which Version do you use? Did you try to run it in compability mode and as an Admin? Do you have a vpn?

Not sure what version nor do i know about other versions. I have C&C Generals: Zero Hour The first one and updated 1.04 and i run as admin and compatibility .....and is it recommended to use for example my  https://strongvpn.com when i attempt to play online? 

#5 Jundiyy

Jundiyy
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 08:27 AM

Have you ever logged online before?

If not, you need to download Gentool from www.gentool.net, it will connect you to the new online servers (old ones died ages ago), to log in, you need your revora details.

If you have logged in before then your problem is probably your IP address being changed by using VPNs or some other servers, to change this, go to your game options and find your IP, choose a different one.

#6 MarotusAS

MarotusAS
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 11:55 PM

Same problem, did you fix it? 

#7 MarotusAS

MarotusAS
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 01:37 AM

I fix it already just changing compatiility

#8 golz

golz
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 10:01 AM

Hello, I can get online in Generals but not in Zero Hour (patched to version 1.04).  Compatibility settings are the same for both games. What can be a problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users