• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GodlyXfire

GodlyXfire
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:14 AM

Dear Members of this forum,

Recently i started getting into bfme 2 again and with that began the dream of making my own map to create my perfect vision for a 1 v 1 map. I have made some simple maps for me and a friend of mine,

But now i want to take things to the next step. I'm trying to create a gigantic 1 v 1 map with 2 fortresses facing each other, so we can have a big battle in the middle as well as a siege. 

I have managed to raise money, cp etc but i'm now stuck on some parts. I copied minas tirith from the original maps and pasted it in mine. The city isnt properly placed. Is there a way to rotate a selection of items instead of having to do them 1 by 1? 

Also by copying, only buildings and objects were copied not the terrain with the proper heights etc. How can i rearrange the height brush to my likings instead of a circle?

I hope this thread wont be to late since its 2018, but a man may have hopes.

Thanks in advance and perhaps sorry for any mistakes in the sentences, english is not my native language.

Regards,

Mark

#2 Jokuc

Jokuc

Hardcore Procrastinator

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:11 PM

1. To the far right, press the button called "Toggle Group Edit Method" until you see a purple C

2. You can export and import heightmaps if you go to file -> import height map. Export the height maps from the castle maps you want. Import in photoshop or similar in the same file and mask out the areas where the castles would be. Save the combined height map and import in WB... is what I wish I could say but this feature is usually buggy, I haven't gotten it to work properly myself. You could always try though.

What I would do if I were you is to open the minas tirith map, extend the map size and do the other castle by hand. There is a terrain copy tool, but as far as I know you can't paste terrain from another window, sadly. I can't think of anything better right now. Oh and unless you really want to make it yourself, there already is a map like that called castles of middle earth. You could probably open that and get rid of the other two castles if you want a 1v1 map.

Edited by Jokuc, 10 January 2019 - 02:39 PM.

#3 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:51 AM

Jokuc, that is a very interesting concept of joining two map together in Photoshop. I may have to try that sometime. =D

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users