Epic screens thread

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RoccoTheStiff

RoccoTheStiff
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:40 PM

Hey, this won't be a showcase, but i didn't find an appropriate thread for it. I've wanted to show my personal mod tho,tuned to my liking or at least to an extent i've been able to edit the ini:

I play with castles like these, built in WB

For Men, but i've since edited so it has a walkway over the door, no ss of that tho

bOAPDEg.jpg

Elves, a refurbished Rohan castle with Dwarven 3 squad towers

2HoZFhe.jpg

Mordor

gCRlJJK.jpg

Now for the AI, i've edited the troops CP so they generally take 10 or 12 per infantry squad and as a rule of thumb twice that for a mounted unit or attack troll for example. Heroes cost no CP. This together with setting CP to 100x in the pregame menu results in some epic shit, imho. I've also edited out of the AI build table all ranged siege weaponry.

Men AI, late game

4Dd16m3.jpg

2Zsk8tX.jpg

Dwarf AI late game

aLeF6dJ.jpg

I've found that putting ample outposts on the map for the AI to cap during the game really helps with the scales of things, much more than playing with the inbuilt AI money handling values. 

I'll be adding more ss as i make them :D

Edited by RoccoTheStiff, 14 December 2018 - 08:51 PM.

#2 RoccoTheStiff

RoccoTheStiff
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:59 PM

Ze barbarians at ze gates, btw i removed Saruman from Isengard and added him to Men, while removeving Eomer and Eowyn. Cuz balance! Isengard too stronk!!11 lololol

S3c5aO0.jpg

Isengard AI base, late game, right after it "empties it's lands" sending them to attack, which are some of the troops in the upper ss. I think this was a 2v5 brutal.

9b6RkX6.jpg

You may also note i added the Dwarven summon fortress to Men. Reasoning was that at such scales you advance out of your castle really only if you thrown that down, fill it up with 3x rangers, huddle the rest of the troops around this enclave and hold for dear life. Even if you have fully upgraded troops, throwing hero powers and menu powers down like crazy, they just inundate you if you play a mobile war. And after half an hour of that and all 5 have shit to throw on the fortress whose vital parts cannot be rebuilt, the Amon Sul door in the ss for example.

Heroes of Men, as you can see the Fellowship is accounted for! Plus pimped castle, with increased protection for it's catapults; straight out of WB test map. I would have really liked that the fortress upgrade Numenor stonework gets applied to these walls as well but all my attempts to do so, failed :( If anyone has any idea, lemme know pls! Also the door upgrade, so both get better, cooler textures.

esCO2TS.jpg

9qa8QH3.jpg

Earnur, because Aragorn is a piss poor tank and i needed another hero like Boromir. He gets the toughness too at lvl 6 or 7 iirc and at lvl 10 he summons 3 battallions of upgraded knights. He is Boromir's junior lieutenant or a healbot if you will!

Speaking of which, his lvl 9 power is fully upgraded infantry summon, one batt. of swordsmen, one tower guards and one archers and lvl 10 power is a fully fledged rangers power from the side menu, except they are upgraded with fire arrows.

There's also Treebeard, but you can buy that out of a lvl 3 barracks. I tried putting him in here but it just didn't work. He also summons 3 battallions of those inn Elves from BFME 1. Cuz nature YOLO!

Edited by RoccoTheStiff, 14 December 2018 - 09:52 PM.

#3 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:35 AM

Looks like fun! If you'd like hosting and forums we can provide that here.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#4 RoccoTheStiff

RoccoTheStiff
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 08:19 PM

Hahaha thanks, it is fun, I'm brainstorming the idea of giving them 0.05% of CP worth of ranged siege artillery and attack priority to be infantry instead of structures with the intention of catapults and stuff like that being more used as a troop support weapon. I'd also really like to mess around with the AI in regards to superpower use, make it more painful for the player. 

It's a turtler's mod pretty much, where you can just sit back, accumulate powers and then strike out at an opportune moment. It's super hard against 3+ brutals tho. 

As for the hosting, i didn't really mean it to be like that, an official mod, just wanted to show stuff. I don't even want to pretend i'm a "modder" as generally i'm just stitching things together through a lot of trial and error.

#5 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:50 AM

Do you intend to have a release? Because I'm sure people would play it. =p

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#6 RoccoTheStiff

RoccoTheStiff
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:12 AM

Do you intend to have a release? Because I'm sure people would play it. =p

That's flattering, but idk.....if someone wants it they can pm me and we find some way of sharing the ini. It's also a hack job, was editing the main game .ini which if i understood correctly while looking through the forums is a bit frowned upon and the changes should have been done in a separate mod ini.

Also, i want to clarify, the castles aren't like in other mods where you start a regular skirmish with a built up castle made through .bse editing and everything assembles at start, these are all edited normal skirmish maps with a castle put into them through worldbuilder editing. I don't have the skills to do it like some mods do, although it's pretty fancy, i admit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users