My Idea for Mordor Walls

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:37 AM

Hello, The3rdAge!

=

Basically, I have been thinking about an idea for what to give Mordor for walls and wall hubs without mimicking the SEE mod of old. And frankly, I arrived at the following.

-

1. Volcanic Hub: A volcano roughly the size and shape of a wall hub, builds Volcanic Walls.
  2. Volcanic Wall: A volcano roughly the height and thickness of a wall, can be upgraded in many ways.
  3. Volcanic Pillar: A volcano roughly the size and shape of a battle tower, spits out streams of lava the size of arrows.
  4. Black Gate: A clone of the Dol Guldur Central Gate from the Dol Guldur Map, opens the way the Isengard wall gate does.
  5. Sammath Naur: Two of the doorway piece of the Mordor Fortress, modeled and programmed like a Postern Gate

And, anything Volcanic can dump lava on enemies the way the Magma Cauldrons upgrade does.

=

So, that's what you can expect me to do for Mordor Walls in any mod of mine. Thoughts?

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

#2 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:32 AM

I love the concept and I'm still waiting to see any models from you. You have posted in the Showcase forum and I was excited to see some models when I saw this topic.

One issue that I find is that Volcanos don't usually create wall shaped structures, perhaps a better approach would be a fissure. Using a very low wall model, and a lava fx in a similar implimentation to this GDI Sonic Wall from Tiberium Apocalypse. It wouldn't be too different to the lava moat upgrade of the Mordor fortress.

SonicWall.jpg

The Special Extended Edition uses the vanilla Dol Guldur models and concept for their Mordor Walls. Now that we have seen Dol Guldur as designed by WETA Workshop in The Hobbit, as a ruined stoney place with the metal beams holding it all together, BfME 2's design is outdated. BfME 2's design works perfectly for Barad-dur, and the general concept and plan in AotR is to use the Dol Guldur assets in Barad-dur and creating some of our own assets for Dol Guldur (in terms of mapping at least).

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#3 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:23 PM

Thanks, Matt. And now that I have Parallels with Windows 10 on my MacBook Pro, I can make models and showcase them here wherever I go! I have work 9 to 4 today but I have tomorrow off, so I'll make models after work tonight and most of the day tomorrow and showcase them here tomorrow, sound legit?

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

#4 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 23 January 2019 - 01:25 PM

That sounds legit mate. ;D

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users