Can't start up, repair, or uninstall CNConline

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SketchNote

SketchNote
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 01:55 AM

At one point in the last half a year I was able to use the application just fine. But whenever I try to do anything with the app now, it keeps giving me the same error pop up
"Could not open key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\generals.exe"

I just want to wipe it from my pc so I can reinstall it and play some games with my friends. I don't have Antivirus programs that stop me from downloading it, Since I've successfully played CNConline before with no issue. So I can't say for sure what's causing this to happen.

I deleted the revora folder in my program files thinking it would do something, but of course it wouldn't. it was just desperate and optimistic thinking at that point.

I use Windows 7 with a 32bit os.
When searching for any error logs in %TEMP%, I didnt find anyfile with the name cnconline_log.txt
Could be because I deleted the revora folder, or maybe not. Can't say for sure. 

#2 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 27 January 2019 - 08:08 AM

You shouldn't be using (and don't need) the launcher to play Generals or Zero Hour. Just install GenTool and start the game normally (from its normal shortcut).

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#3 SketchNote

SketchNote
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 10:50 AM

You should be using (and don't need) the launcher to play Generals or Zero Hour. Just install GenTool and start the game normally (from its normal shortcut).

I don't even have those 2 games is what's kinda screwed up. The only games I have and use is Kane's Wrath, Tiberium Wars, and Red Alert 3. I don't understand why it gives me that error when I don't even have those 2 other games.
And keep in mind, I cant even start the CnConline launcher. I cant get to the menu to select the game to launch before that error pops up and closes the window.
I've managed to run kane's wrath online in the past. But something is stopping me from doing so again.

#4 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 27 January 2019 - 11:07 AM

That is indeed messed up. Anyway, I have sent you a PM with a solution which we're testing. If anyone else wants that solution to try, please make your own topic and post your error log.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users