RA3 CA public key patching routine failed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 theepiccarpet

theepiccarpet
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:50 AM

I'm running the Steam version of RA 3 on Windows 10. Here is the log file.

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Game: Red Alert 3
Red Alert 3 Install Path: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\
Started game with: "RA3.exe "
Caught CREATE_PROCESS_DEBUG_EVENT from Red Alert 3. Detaching...
Found game.dat process. PID 8972
*** Starting CA public key patching routine ***
ERROR: Reading process memory failed. Error: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed.

ERROR: Reading process memory failed. Error: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed.

ERROR: CA public key differs from expected value. Not patching.
ERROR: CA public key patching routine failed.

I've seen a few other support tickets with the same issues in the log file but with different numbers after the PID, and each time I attempt to launch, I have seen a different number, though I never saw it exceed 5 digits.

I have run everything as administrator, turned off my antivirus and firewall, I have hooked and unhooked, launched through Steam, the desktop shortcut and the C&C Online launcher, and all in Windows XP compatibility mode service package 3, to no avail.

I do however have Hamachi installed, but as of me trying to launch RA 3 hamachi and its processes were all off. I do not think it is hamachi, because my friend who was trying to help me had his hamachi on, and his C&C Online was working just fine.

My Steam installation is directly on my C: drive, rather than in my program files. This is the only meaningful difference I was able to discern from my broken setup and my friend's working one, apart from hardware.

#2 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:20 PM

I have sent you a PM with a solution which we're testing. If anyone else wants that solution to try, please make your own topic and post your error log.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users