rotwk edain mod

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 criceto-atomico

criceto-atomico
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:08 PM

Hello everyone, to change the cost of units in the mod Edain (Rise of the witch king) on ​​which files should I go to work? which files should I open and modify? Sorry for my english but I'm italian :)

Edited by criceto-atomico, 19 February 2019 - 09:08 PM.

#2 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:05 PM

Hi, and welcome to our forums! Please don't post threads in all caps with irrelevant titles like 'help me please'. I've edited it for you.

As to your question, costs are defined in gamedata.ini (afaik, I'm not a coder)

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#3 Echo

Echo

T3A:Online

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  • Projects:Lot3A
  •  ~~
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:49 AM

The first thing you should do is go to a horde's code (or unit/hero if it's not a horde) and look for "BuildCost". If there's a number behind it, change the number. If you see a text string (something like "ROHAN_MERRY_BUILDCOST"), chances are high that it's in gamedata.ini. 

It does not necessarily have to be in gamedata.ini, though it's good practice to define it there.

Edited by Echo, 20 February 2019 - 12:59 AM.

26285.png

#4 criceto-atomico

criceto-atomico
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:31 AM

ok, so I Can very well change the costs of the Edain Mod units from the gamedata.ini that belongs to rotwk? 

In gamedata.ini of rotwk  are also the costs of the Edain mod units? (the units that are added with the mod) 

Example: Dol Guldur Uruk...

in rotedk's gamedata.ini are also the costs of the Edain mod units? (Ie those units that are added with the mod)
in rotedk's gamedata.ini are also the costs of the Edain mod units? (Ie those units that are added with the mod)

Edited by criceto-atomico, 20 February 2019 - 11:38 AM.

#5 Echo

Echo

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  •  ~~
  • Donated

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:04 PM

No, you will have to look in one of the Edain files for a "gamedata.ini file. I can't tell you which one it is because I don't play Edain.

26285.png

#6 criceto-atomico

criceto-atomico
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:12 PM

sorry, but if I change the money that comes from the furnace of mordor in theory it should work also on Edain?

sorry but if I change the money that comes from the furnace of mordor in theory it should work also on Edain Mod? I know you did not play Edain mod but according to the logic the Edain gamedata.ini file should be in edain.big or some big file right?

I know you didn't play Edain mod but according to the logic the Edain gamedata.ini file should be in edain.big or some ".big" file right?

Edited by criceto-atomico, 20 February 2019 - 01:16 PM.

#7 Echo

Echo

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  •  ~~
  • Donated

Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:08 PM

Depends on the order and the Edain file structure. As far as I know, they don't use -mod command and that complicates things. In your ROTWK folder, you need to find the top-most edain file that has a gamedata.ini file included. And if you make changes in that gamedata.ini file, things should change. 

26285.png

#8 criceto-atomico

criceto-atomico
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:02 PM

so gamedata.ini of edain mod should be easily found in the rotwk game folder? does gamedata.ini of edain mod need to be a .big file?

#9 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:10 PM

Best ask them instead.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#10 criceto-atomico

criceto-atomico
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:05 PM

maybe I'm explaining badly, I just wanted to know if the Edain Mod gamedata.ini to edit is in some mod folder or some .big file (I find this doubt because gamedata.ini of bfme2 and rotwk are both in INI.big and therefore perhaps should also be that of Edain Mod in some .big file) 

#11 Echo

Echo

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  •  ~~
  • Donated

Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:26 PM

gamedata.ini should be in an Edain .big file, but I can not tell you which one because I don't have it installed. Maybe really try to reach out to them, as Matt suggested.

26285.png

#12 criceto-atomico

criceto-atomico
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:01 PM

oh, ok, Where Can I contact them? Do They have a site for assistance?  :whathuh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users