Commandos Behind Enemy Lines - Mission pack

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 dialog

dialog
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:44 AM

Imho 3rd variant is better, you can use barrels to explode garrisons. However, it's more easy, because you have weapons now.  :) Unit of 5 enemies can be killed, if put decoy near of stone, lead they and shoot.

Edited by dialog, 11 April 2019 - 08:50 AM.

#22 ckj40043

ckj40043
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:56 AM

Imho 3rd variant is better, you can use barrels to explode garrisons. However, it's more easy, because you have weapons now.  :) Unit of 5 enemies can be killed, if put decoy near of stone, lead they and shoot.

Thanks for your tip.

I have one more question, in mission "River of death" how to cross river?

Flow is very fast so have no enough time to get down from boat before enemy ships appear.

#23 dialog

dialog
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 08:53 AM

Is needing to wait time, when ships will be far.
After are 2 ways:
1. Kill enemy sniper on tower with sniper (from boat) or seaman. After all cross the river and land to right side. It's more difficult way.
2. Sniper from boat shoot enemy mine-thrower artillerist, and return away. Seaman capture gunboat and eliminate enemy ships. It's more easy, but only with alarm.
To overcome stream, is needing to start movement from left side.

#24 Fonok12345

Fonok12345
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 07:59 PM

Hy!

Pls help me! Black map. The "DATOS" folder and the and the "comandos.exe" overwrite in the Commandos BEL folder? 

HEEELP PLSSSS! :)

Attached Thumbnails

• commandos.jpg

#25 dialog

dialog
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 07:00 PM

No, it's not need to overvrite, just rename original DATOS folder or replace it into other folder (to backup it) and copy whole DATOS folder from this archive instead it. Black landscape mean that WAD file (DATOS\RECURSOS\BMPS\MAP) is not corresponding to mission, probably, you copy new DATOS incomplete. Change "commandos.exe" is not necessary, it may only if game goes too fast.

#26 Fonok12345

Fonok12345
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:44 PM

No, it's not need to overvrite, just rename original DATOS folder or replace it into other folder (to backup it) and copy whole DATOS folder from this archive instead it. Black landscape mean that WAD file (DATOS\RECURSOS\BMPS\MAP) is not corresponding to mission, probably, you copy new DATOS incomplete. Change "commandos.exe" is not necessary, it may only if game goes too fast.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! GOOD WORKING!!! :D :D I <3 COMMANDOS

#27 Indian

Indian
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 12:06 PM

Hi, Need help how you lure the enemies guarding weapons,

I killed all who run behind you when they see you but only left are those soldiers, who shoot as soon as you duck &  then raise alaem.

Need to know how to kill them without alarm.

https://imgur.com/JWhpLwp

#28 dialog

dialog
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 03:13 PM

Imho should to wait good moment and eliminate left soldier, after this you will can get decoy and distract soldier near of river.

#29 Fofyhead

Fofyhead
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 08:53 PM

Hi! I'm playing the mod. Very nice! Thanks!. So far I liked it but the mission 1 mines are a bit annoying. I'm from the old school of planning the mission approach based on the intel so I don't like the try and error (load often) approach, so putting mines on the coast and not advice first is a bit annoying you have try and miss trying to land on the coasts!.

#30 xPaaat

xPaaat
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:53 AM

HEY!

Not sure if anyone still looks at this. But basically I have managed to download the pack, installed it, there is no black landscape, but on the mission there is no audio.. Like when i click on a character or shoot a gun.. What is the fix for this?

THANKS!

#31 dialog

dialog
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 04:52 PM

Not sure if anyone still looks at this. But basically I have managed to download the pack, installed it, there is no black landscape, but on the mission there is no audio.. Like when i click on a character or shoot a gun.. What is the fix for this?

Was sound in original Behind Enemy Lines before mod installation? If yes, check that WAV files are exist in folder "DATOS\RECURSOS\SONIDO\WAVE" in the game directory.

#32 xPaaat

xPaaat
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:26 PM

Was sound in original Behind Enemy Lines before mod installation? If yes, check that WAV files are exist in folder "DATOS\RECURSOS\SONIDO\WAVE" in the game directory.

Hey so I checked and there are WAV files, so in the main menu and when i press start there is sound, but when i play the actual mission, there is no sound.. So no sound when i switch commando, when i shoot the gun, nothing.. Not sure why : (

#33 xPaaat

xPaaat
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 09:00 PM

Managed to fix it, for some reason when i loaded the legacy version of the game it worked fine! So I now have the original version of commandos, your extra missions and strike in narrow path! I'm all set :D

#34 georgez

georgez
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 11:07 AM

Hello guys! i have a problem trying to play the game. I replaced DATOS folder and commados exe from the zip file and when i try to play i have an error : cannot find DIREXT5. Do we have a solution. I want to play this game because i love it!!!Please!!!thank u!!

#35 herbert3000

herbert3000

Guilty Until Proven Innocent

• Division Admins
  • 593 posts
  • Division:Commandos HQ
  • Job:Division Admin

Posted 14 January 2022 - 05:05 PM

Hi, that usually happens when the name of the EXE is Comandos.exe. Please rename it to Commandos.exe or any other filename and try it again.

Edit: Hm, I guess that's not the solution. Can you use the original EXE instead?

#36 dialog

dialog
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 January 2022 - 12:04 PM

Yes, it's possible problem, i don't know common solution. Probably solution with renaming exe file can solve this problem on some hosts, but not all.

As example, at me Commandos 1 was loaded success everytime on Win7, but on VirtualBox on Win7 BEL not loading (however BCD works), and i can't find any way to load it.

If you can't able load Commandos with changed exe name, you can try to install it on WinXP on VirtualBox.

#37 PinoHachado

PinoHachado
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2022 - 11:06 AM

Hello,
i copied DATOS folder completely and the game starts, but I get the black landscape nevertheless. Can somebody help me out? Would really like to play these missions.

Attached Thumbnails

• post-599092-0-51191900-1580759925.jpg

Edited by PinoHachado, 20 February 2022 - 11:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users