• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheRanger2919

TheRanger2919
  • New Members
  • 2 posts
  • Projects:Modelling

Posted 05 March 2019 - 11:03 AM

Is there a way to increase the segments of an object? I can't find anything that will allow me to edit the amount.

Thank you for your time.

#2 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:50 PM

Can you be more specific? What do you mean by segments? What program do you use?

Maybe some screenshots.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#3 TheRanger2919

TheRanger2919
  • New Members
  • 2 posts
  • Projects:Modelling

Posted 05 March 2019 - 08:45 PM

I'm using 3ds Max 8. I guess by segments I mean the squares on the object with which to edit parts of that object with. When first creating a box, sphere, cylinder etc. it gives the option to how many segments you want, called: Length Segs, Width Segs, Height Segs, and I was wondering if there is a way to edit the amount after the object is already created. Unfortunately I couldn't find any way to.

I tried to upload a picture but it says I'm not allowed to, perhaps I am doing something wrong :p

Edited by TheRanger2919, 05 March 2019 - 08:47 PM.

#4 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 05 March 2019 - 11:08 PM

You can upload images to a file hosting service like Imgur and link it here. Also, you should be able to find 3ds Max tutorials online.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#5 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 05 March 2019 - 11:50 PM

Yes, I suggest following some basic 3ds max tutorials. Your question will likely be answered very quickly and you'll understand the context better than if I try to explain it here.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users