#1 Moreartillery

Moreartillery
  • Members
  • 246 posts
  • Projects:Cinematic Battles

Posted 06 March 2019 - 04:16 AM

Goals of this Mod

What you see is what you get

Weapons do the same amount of damage regardless of what unit is carrying them. A heavy bolter carried by a space marine is the same as a heavy bolter on a leman russ. Explosive weapon aoe matches the visible blast that it causes. Weapons with multiple barrels multiply their damage by the number of barrels they have. ie twin linked lascannons do twice as much damage as one lascannon, storm bolters do twice as much damage as a regular bolter and so on.

Weapons that fire one shot at a time (plasma guns, autocannons etc.) should always fire in sync with the damage they deal. ←- still a work in progress

Pistols do not suffer an accuracy penalty when moving.

Ranged weapons no longer knock down infantry.

Ranged weapons cannot shoot though terrain.

Melee weapons always hit.

Unit caps

Most units don’t use squad or vehicle cap or have any limits on how many can be built. There are a few that do for balance or lore reasons, such as superheavy tanks and lostech like the leman russ vanquisher.

How armor works

A weapon will do full damage to the armortype its designed to defeat and full damage to all weaker armor types. For example a lascannon will do full damage to everything, a heavy bolter will do full damage to infantry and reduced damage to light vehicles while doing almost nothing to a tank.

How infiltration works

Only units that are actually invisible in the lore have infiltration. At the moment these are the tau stealthsuit and necron wraith. All units and turrets have a detection range of ten meters.

Scout units

Each faction has a unit with a sight range of 60, these are: space marine scout, eldar ranger, guard sentinel and assassin, sisters assassins, necron deathmark, chaos none, tau pathfinder, ork kommando, tyranid lictor.

Removed most research

All research (except wargear research) has been removed to increase the pace of the game.

How regeneration works

Units no can longer regenerate while in combat, but the time it takes infantry to fully heal has been greatly reduced.

Official GW and Forgeworld units only

No weird homebrew shit.

Tanks move better

Much less stop and go movement, tanks reach full speed and stop nearly instantly.

Aircraft

Aircraft have global jump range and instant jump recharge. Some of them can drop bombs on units they fly over. They have all been scaled up.

True scale

So far the guard, space marines, sisters and chaos have received lore accurate scale. More to come.

Race specific stuff

Imperial Guard:

Turrets and listening posts have above average hitpoints.

Basilisks have global range but are the most fragile heavy artillery.

No more free intel from the radar scan.

Guard infantry (not ogryns), take greatly reduced ranged damage in cover, but also suffer a larger speed penalty in cover.

Eldar:

Weapons are slightly better then their imperial counterparts.

All infantry (except wratihguard) got +50% speed.

Turrets and listening posts have below average hitpoints, but can be concealed by the webway portal.

Their hovertanks can fly across the map at extreme speed, but their fragility is not forgiving of micro mistakes.

Necrons:

No longer have moral.

Guass weapons do full damage regardless of armor type, have shorter then average range but above average damage.

Lack conventional transports but all infantry (not just warriors) can now teleport to friendly buildings.

Monoliths now have global jump range. Combined with the above, monoliths are more dangerous then ever.

Space Marines:

The orbital relay and barracks (now called the first company barracks) have switched positions in the tech tree. The orbital relay is more expensive then other races barracks to compensate for the mobility it provides.

Terminators are great against buildings in melee and can teleport back to their barracks, great for surgical strikes like in the lore.

Tau:

Now get access to all units regardless of what doctrine they choose.

Lacks indirect fire.

Kroot units are weaker and cheaper.

Tyranids:

Use DoW2 models.

Can consume corpses for resources.

The hive tyrant and swarmlord now have access to their 8th edition physic powers.

Long term goals: release versions for Soulstorm, WA and vanilla. Add new races.

v1.1 is out now with many AI improvements. Many thanks to thudo and gambit.

v1.2 adds community maps, necron units, graphics fixes, and a bunch of balance changes.

v1.3 adds the sisters of battle with working skirmish ai and several new units for other factions.

v1.4 adds tyranids and aircraft to dark crusade

v1.5 adds dark eldar and the DoW 2 tyranid models.

https://www.moddb.co...nematic-battles

Edited by Moreartillery, 29 June 2020 - 05:22 PM.

Developer of the Cinematic Battles mod.

#2 Industrial_Strength

Industrial_Strength

Diesel Powered

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Projects:Surviving (RL), DOW 1
  •  S/A: Random Delays [See Profile]

Posted 06 March 2019 - 07:46 AM

It's aways nice to see new mods hit the scene. I don't have access to DOW ATM but based on your description it sounds interesting. 👍

I'll have to check it out when the time allows. In the meantime congratulations on your first release of said mod. 🍻

Edited by Industrial_Strength, 06 March 2019 - 07:47 AM.

"I do what I can to serve the public."

#3 Guest_Alejandro Acevedo_*

Guest_Alejandro Acevedo_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:27 AM

Thanks Bro!!!

I'll Play it and give you feedback as soon as I can!!

Thanks again!

#4 Moreartillery

Moreartillery
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 04:52 PM

1.3 is out with working sisters skirmish ai, it also adds two squads of battle sisters and a confessor named Hieronymus Rex to the imperial guard's honor guard. Remember this is for dark crusade not soulstorm, making sisters ai work was not a simple copy and paste.

https://www.moddb.co...tic-battles-v13

#5 Kekoulis

Kekoulis

Apothecary Novice

• Members
  • 2,151 posts
  • Projects:Emperor's Children
  •  Slaanesh's Glory

Posted 22 September 2019 - 10:46 PM

This is a great achievement.

Well done.

Noticed something.

Known issues:
leman russ turret texture not loading in campaign
some chaos unit textures not loading in campaign
hydra aa guns are black
crusaders don't have a syncdeath animation

The first two are because either you are using no RTX textures or corrupted RTX files.

Second is because most likely,while exporting in AMX,you did not have its texture in the correct fodler(you should have gotten an error during export that said texture could not be loaded).This results in the mapping getting lost and with the mesh being black.

You were asking your questions back in the thread,why never ask about this?

Crusaders do not have syncdeath animation,that is correct.So disable the syncdeath from the code.If a model does not have a syncdeath,then you do not code it.You remove the syncdeath_ext.

Also,earlier Eranthis sisters textures and the sisters models from current UA I presume?

Oh boy.

One day,I should grace you with a proper sisters rework(which I plan to do once I am fully done,most recent DOWPro and upcoming UA have had already the honour).

Edited by Kekoulis, 22 September 2019 - 10:47 PM.

ec-sig-early2.gif

Mankind has seen the light,the light of Slaanesh.

#6 Moreartillery

Moreartillery
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 06:30 AM

The first two are because either you are using no RTX textures or corrupted RTX files.

Second is because most likely,while exporting in AMX,you did not have its texture in the correct folder(you should have gotten an error during export that said texture could not be loaded).This results in the mapping getting lost and with the mesh being black.

The textures that don't work are copied from UA. The wordbearers skin works in skirmish so I have no idea why it doesn't work in campaign.

Crusaders do not have syncdeath animation,that is correct.So disable the syncdeath from the code.If a model does not have a syncdeath,then you do not code it.You remove the syncdeath_ext.

Thanks I didn't know that.

Also,earlier Eranthis sisters textures and the sisters models from current UA I presume?

Mostly though I think there are a few vanilla assets as well.

#7 Kasrkin84

Kasrkin84

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Projects:Strongholds, Unification

Posted 23 September 2019 - 08:43 PM

Skirmish uses WTP textures, but campaign uses RTX and (sometimes) RSH textures. Different sets of texture files. That's why they look fine in one game mode but not the other.

Edited by Kasrkin84, 24 September 2019 - 06:36 AM.

#8 Moreartillery

Moreartillery
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 01:41 AM

1.4 is out bringing tyranids and aircraft to dark crusade. Many thanks to Gambit for writing the aircraft tactic and cannibalize scar code.

Tyranids get their 8th edition psychic powers and can consume corpses to get extra resources.

https://www.moddb.co...4#downloadsform

Edited by Moreartillery, 23 April 2020 - 01:43 AM.

#9 Moreartillery

Moreartillery
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 06:43 PM

1.5 released adding dark eldar and the dawn of war 2 tyranid models.

Next I'd like to add the unification races starting with thousand sons, if Thudo is okay with that.

#10 Kekoulis

Kekoulis

Apothecary Novice

• Members
  • 2,151 posts
  •  Slaanesh's Glory

Posted 27 May 2020 - 08:07 PM

Next I'd like to add the unification races starting with thousand sons, if Thudo is okay with that.

Only if Thudo?

What about the rest of us?

Aka,the ones who made the fucking mods?

Edited by Kekoulis, 27 May 2020 - 08:07 PM.

ec-sig-early2.gif

#11 Moreartillery

Moreartillery
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 03:50 AM

Only if Thudo?

Its called the thundmizer mod team on moddb so I thought he was in charge. I didn't mean to offend you.

#12 Kekoulis

Kekoulis

Apothecary Novice

• Members
  • 2,151 posts
  •  Slaanesh's Glory

Posted 28 May 2020 - 11:53 AM

Only if Thudo?

Its called the thundmizer mod team on moddb so I thought he was in charge. I didn't mean to offend you.

He is the leader yes,but we all are part of the team and all did our part.

What I mean is,since we are all here,you should have addressed us.

Each project has its own lead,and for the TS,that one is Gambit.That one should be asked first,

ec-sig-early2.gif

#13 Guest_Realistix Mod_*

Guest_Realistix Mod_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2020 - 10:13 AM

Hi man !
I've been working on a mod for years (In fact I started a few years ago, then I forgot it and restarted working on it last year).
I feel my aim was the same as yours in your mod, I'm trying to do the more realisic fluff friendly mod possible.
I think maybe my mod could increase yours and your mod could increase mine.
I propose you to collaborate, we could make the ultimate realistic mod for Dark Crusade.

I have to warn you, when I started working on it it was a "private" project, made for me basicaly and I didn't entended to share it, so  didn't mind about starting on the base of an existing mod (increasing the size of vehicles) and including many mods and skin I didn't made myself. But now I spend a few months and hundred hours working on it I feel like I should share it but don't know if I can for those reasons (and I don't know how to change the name of the mod, so it's still named as the not mine mod I took as a foundation for mine). But there are some points, first there are a few details I'm not able to fix, and you seem to be way more competent than me in informatic, maybe, if you're up to, you could help me out about those.

Tank you for reading and sorry for my limited english, hope we can work together and make one or two damn good realistic mods for Dark Crusade !

#14 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2020 - 10:30 AM

Hey folks, I just read the conversation, it seems like I finally found some confirmed moders discussion place.
If any one is up to help me out with my "realistic" mod, maybe testing it or fo some details I'm not able to fix (orI didn't understood how) I would really appreciate.
I didn't intended to share it, at first it was a project for my own use and so I didn't mind including a few mods in it that I didn't made myself (like the tyranid mod and some other stuff), but I think it worth to be played now I spent several monthes working on it.
Still need to fix and finalise some details and waiting for your advices and your point of view about if I should/could share it or not (knowing that are mods I didn't made myself included in it, and I absolutly don't know who made them and the number of mods I included, not that many but a few ones).
Thank you for reading, hope you'll be intrested and again sorry for my limited english.

#15 Moreartillery

Moreartillery
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 05:13 AM

Hey folks, I just read the conversation, it seems like I finally found some confirmed moders discussion place.
If any one is up to help me out with my "realistic" mod, maybe testing it or fo some details I'm not able to fix (orI didn't understood how) I would really appreciate.
I didn't intended to share it, at first it was a project for my own use and so I didn't mind including a few mods in it that I didn't made myself (like the tyranid mod and some other stuff), but I think it worth to be played now I spent several monthes working on it.
Still need to fix and finalise some details and waiting for your advices and your point of view about if I should/could share it or not (knowing that are mods I didn't made myself included in it, and I absolutly don't know who made them and the number of mods I included, not that many but a few ones).
Thank you for reading, hope you'll be intrested and again sorry for my limited english.

Which tools do you know how to use? Corsix mod studio, 3ds max, Object editor, fx editor, texturing models? Can you use GIMP or photoshop? Do you understand thudos advanced ai enough to troubleshoot issues? You don't need to know all of these things I just what to know what you know.

#16 Guest_Realistix Mod_*

Guest_Realistix Mod_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2020 - 09:14 PM

I know how to use Corsix Mod Studio (not really in all its aspects, but enough to change the gameplay in a radical way) and enough of the mission editor to make some maps (I'm working on a big 8 player maps with multiple possible scenarios adapted to my mod in wich units can't shoot through terrain, bty I humbly suggest you (if it isn't the case yet) not to allow weapons shooting through terrain, it's far more realistic and it adds a lot of strategy in the gameplay).
But I miss competence in informatic in general, for exemple I don't know how to change the name of my mod or to combine multiple race mods (I just added Tyranids, but it doesn't fit with other races mods), I don't know how to add units (I made a few "veteran" or special units using the campaign mod "honor guards" from each race), another exemple, the map I just told you, well, the files don't apear in the "scenarios" folder and I have no idea how to do to make them apear so I can copy them and share the map.
I spent hours on Corsix Mod Studio but I really suck in other stuff.

Also, the mod I used as a base for mine (cause it changed the scale of vehicles and added textures for space marines) contains some elements of other races (Black Templars, Inquisition and some other as far as I remember) but they don't apear in the game and in the racebps folder in corsix studio.
Another issue I have is about AI, the basic AI is not adapted to the changes I made and keep on sending to death a hero and a tank and not producing massive balanced armies. I don't know how to code and how to change the AI so what I made is putting conditions on the production, for exemple to produce an Ork Big Boss you'll have to make a certain number of slugga units etc the result (when the AI is not sleeping like it happens sometimes) is really balanced and well looking armies.

Thanks for the answer !
The best way you know what I can make would be to try my mod or to open it in the corsix studio so you can see the changes but it weights a few giga octets.

I did'nt had the luck to try your mod, but as far as I understood I think we are seeking for the same realistic result, hope we can share our realisations, I think it would be kind of a waste of potential, energy and time to work each on our own on two projects aiming the same.

#17 Guest_Realistix Mod_*

Guest_Realistix Mod_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2020 - 09:30 PM

Which tools do you know how to use? Corsix mod studio, 3ds max, Object editor, fx editor, texturing models? Can you use GIMP or photoshop? Do you understand thudos advanced ai enough to troubleshoot issues? You don't need to know all of these things I just what to know what you know.

Ok I just understood how to quote you ^^
Well, I tried to download your mod a few times and it always fail (same for the former versions), I don't know if it's due to my connexion but as I can usually download bigger files I assumed the mod wasn't available anymore.
Am I the only one facing problems downloading your mod ? Maybe you posted it on an other site and have an other link ? I'd be glad you do.
I'd really like to try your mod, so I'll keep on trying dl it ^^

#18 Moreartillery

Moreartillery
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 12:59 AM

I know how to use Corsix Mod Studio (not really in all its aspects, but enough to change the gameplay in a radical way) and enough of the mission editor to make some maps (I'm working on a big 8 player maps with multiple possible scenarios adapted to my mod in wich units can't shoot through terrain, bty I humbly suggest you (if it isn't the case yet) not to allow weapons shooting through terrain, it's far more realistic and it adds a lot of strategy in the gameplay).
But I miss competence in informatic in general, for exemple I don't know how to change the name of my mod or to combine multiple race mods (I just added Tyranids, but it doesn't fit with other races mods), I don't know how to add units (I made a few "veteran" or special units using the campaign mod "honor guards" from each race), another exemple, the map I just told you, well, the files don't apear in the "scenarios" folder and I have no idea how to do to make them apear so I can copy them and share the map.

Also, the mod I used as a base for mine (cause it changed the scale of vehicles and added textures for space marines) contains some elements of other races (Black Templars, Inquisition and some other as far as I remember) but they don't apear in the game and in the racebps folder in corsix studio.
Another issue I have is about AI, the basic AI is not adapted to the changes I made and keep on sending to death a hero and a tank and not producing massive balanced armies. I don't know how to code and how to change the AI so what I made is putting conditions on the production, for exemple to produce an Ork Big Boss you'll have to make a certain number of slugga units etc the result (when the AI is not sleeping like it happens sometimes) is really balanced and well looking armies.

Thanks for the answer !
The best way you know what I can make would be to try my mod or to open it in the corsix studio so you can see the changes but it weights a few giga octets.

I did'nt had the luck to try your mod, but as far as I understood I think we are seeking for the same realistic result, hope we can share our realisations, I think it would be kind of a waste of potential, energy and time to work each on our own on two projects aiming the same.

To change the name of your mod:

Change the name of the mod folder and the .module file, they should be the same. Then open the .module with notepad++ and change the UIName and ModFolder to the new name.

As for ai I can only help if you're using thudos advanced ai. If your using thudos ai you'd need to open data/ai/races/race_name/info and open unitstats.ai then change the first weapons effectiveness numbers, read thudo advanced ai guide for more info

If moddb isn't working you can try downloading from here https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Edited by Moreartillery, 21 June 2020 - 01:05 AM.

#19 Guest_Realistix Mod_*

Guest_Realistix Mod_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2020 - 09:11 PM

Thanks for the answer !

To change the name of your mod:

Change the name of the mod folder and the .module file, they should be the same. Then open the .module with notepad++ and change the UIName and ModFolder to the new name.

As for ai I can only help if you're using thudos advanced ai. If your using thudos ai you'd need to open data/ai/races/race_name/info and open unitstats.ai then change the first weapons effectiveness numbers, read thudo advanced ai guide for more info

If moddb isn't working you can try downloading from here https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Thank you very much for the advices and for the dl link, I finaly managed to download your mod, I'm so happy !
I have an issue now about the installing.. what is the 4gb patch ? I can't find it anywhere. I just found a patche for Soul Storm Ultimate Apocalypse named 4gb patche, but, it's for Soul Storm.
Is this the bugfix mod 3.0 ?

How can I help you with your mod ? I'm sorry for the lack of competence but I can work on it, anyway I can at least test your mod and help you improving the balance

#20 Kekoulis

Kekoulis

Apothecary Novice

• Members
  • 2,151 posts
  •  Slaanesh's Glory

Posted 21 June 2020 - 09:39 PM

. I just found a patche for Soul Storm Ultimate Apocalypse named 4gb patche, but, it's for Soul Storm.
Is this the bugfix mod 3.0 ?

Ignore that patch.

Use FragJacker's mod launcher which also works for DC and has the 4gb patch included.

https://github.com/F...ager_v1.8.2.zip

ec-sig-early2.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users