Hero respawns with no experience at current rank

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Super Hippo

Super Hippo
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 05:50 PM

Short question here... I changed my Nazgûls and the Witchking, so they start at level 1. They also level up until level 10 as they should. However, when they die and respawn, they respawn at the current level (correct) but without any progress to the next level (not correct). So if I build the Witchking, kill a few enemies and die after getting a half level, after respawning, that half level is lost. What is causing that behavior?

#2 Echo

Echo

T3A:Online

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  • Projects:Lot3A
  •  ~~
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:28 AM

Can you post the Witch-king's or Nazgul's code?

26285.png

#3 Felipe Roll-st

Felipe Roll-st

Talion

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:19 AM

I think I had a similar issue a while ago, I suspect what could be causing it is a code that says "equivalent to" or something like "respawn as" don't remember well how it goes sorry :p, see if you find something like that in your nazgul's code and delete it and see if it changes ;)

#4 Miraak5

Miraak5

title available

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • Projects:ROTWK Patch 2.02, Wars of the North, BFME1 1.08 Complete Edition
  •  BIG coding, Map scripting and AI coding

Posted 19 March 2019 - 11:50 AM

I have the same problems with fellbeast, i allowed them to level up from 1 to 10 and their levels reset upon respawn

im not sure but i think the problem is the "MONSTER" kindof, bfme1 dont rly seem to like MONSTER heroes

maybe try replacing it with CAVALRY or INFANTRY (i tried to just remove MONSTER and not add INFANTRY or CAVALRY then nobody attacked my fellbeast^^) (that might affect the fellbeast behavior im not sure at all but u should try this)

Edited by Miraak5, 19 March 2019 - 11:53 AM.

He was the first...

#5 Super Hippo

Super Hippo
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 01:25 PM

I think the only thing I changed in the Nazgûl code is the cost of them. Will try the suggestions when I will be home. Thank you!

#6 Felipe Roll-st

Felipe Roll-st

Talion

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 02:11 PM

Miraak5 why not just to add -HERO? I did that with sauron as he also had "-MONSTER" in its kindof and I didn't like him having the rank stars above him, silly question maybe but did you guys add the experience levels for the nazguls, i remember they only have the level 10 code, it might not be the problem but maybe if you guys check on that too (?)

#7 Miraak5

Miraak5

title available

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:18 PM

fellbeast already have HERO but MONSTER seems to keep priority in bfme1 (unlike in bfme2 where you can have both HERO and MONSTER without problems)

by the way sauron, WK dont rly need MONSTER, just use INFANTRY

otherwise for fellbeast it's more annoying

He was the first...

#8 Echo

Echo

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  •  ~~
  • Donated

Posted 19 March 2019 - 07:18 PM

I tried CAVALRY kindof and it did not change anything, the bug still persists. Maybe it's the GiantBird module.. it's responsible for many headaches I've had while messing with the fellbeasts, the chances are high.  :smilehuh:

26285.png

#9 Super Hippo

Super Hippo
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 04:12 PM

silly question maybe but did you guys add the experience levels for the nazguls, i remember they only have the level 10 code, it might not be the problem but maybe if you guys check on that too (?)

Without them, they couldn't be leveled at all.

Few things I just tried:

- removing MONSTER KindOf – Can't be attacked by anything it seems, but even then, the level progress is still lost (Eowyn killed it with her spear)

- replacing all KindOfs by the KindOfs of Legolas who is keeping his level progress as every other hero – same as above

- only make a single Fellbeast hero buildable in PlayerTemplate (just in case this messes it up) – nothing changes

- using ExperienceLevel for only the Fellbeast and not for Fellbeast and Witchking together – nothing changes

- replacing RespawnBody and RespawnModule with copies of Legolas – nothing changes regarding the level progress, only sounds/images change

Even with the easiest things, problems arise out of nowhere…  :glare:

#10 Echo

Echo

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  •  ~~
  • Donated

Posted 20 March 2019 - 07:00 PM

That's BFME 1 in a nutshell...  :xd: my guess is still the giant bird behavior...

26285.png

#11 Echo

Echo

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  •  ~~
  • Donated

Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:11 PM

Sorry for the bump, but to everyone who is still looking for a fix: Try removing the RiderChangeContain module with the TransportContain module (look at Gwaihir.ini). However, that will require you to split up the Nazgul/Witch-king in two separate objects or at least you will have to give the Witch-king his own draw model because the RiderChangeContain module handles the models to display. Other than that, so far it works fine for me. I had a feeling that this should be possible because Gwaihir was respawning just fine, so there had to be a way... :smilehuh:

Edited by Echo, 12 August 2019 - 11:48 PM.

26285.png

#12 Miraak5

Miraak5

title available

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:41 PM

so basicly using the bfme2 system ? (using TransportContain instead of RiderChangeContain and then the code in WK block to give him his model flag)

He was the first...

#13 Echo

Echo

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  •  ~~
  • Donated

Posted 14 August 2019 - 03:09 AM

I would imagine, yes. But I can't say for sure because I'm home at my parents and don't have BFME 2 installed here. I just solved it like this: Both objects now have the TransportContain module instead of RiderChangeContain, and both models have a separate DrawModule. The MordorFellBeast object is no longer responsible for drawing the Witch-king, he is drawn in its own module. Basically I just made the Witch-king its own object. :)

26285.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users