Photo

Treebeard Hobbit transport

Best Answer Miraak5, 19 March 2019 - 11:42 AM

look in the weapon "RohanTreeBeardRockThrow"

ProjectileFilterInContainer        = ANY +ROCK +INFANTRY -HOBBIT; We don't make the projectile, it is in our Contain module.

like me add -HOBBIT

by the way did you managed to add hobbit on treebeard and keeping the building chunk function ? because i know u can't have 2 transport module

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Echo

Echo

T3A:Online

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  • Projects:Lot3A
  •  ~~
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:44 AM

Hey, another post! This time about Treebeard. This has been talked about a lot in the past, but for this specific issue I've not found an answer.

Treebeard picks up Hobbits perfectly, and they are in the correct position and also evacuate on command... but I could not believe my eyes. Upon entering Treebeard,Treebeard says :"Come little Hobbits, I will keep you safe". No 5 seconds later, I get a message that my Hobbit has died. I found Treebeard was well alive, and the Hobbit lying some 100 meters away from baba Fangorn, motionless. So what happened? Treebeard apparently took the first opportunity to chuck the poor Halfling towards a nearby troll lair, using him basically as a rock.

I commented out all modules that I thought could be conflicting, but he still does it! Does anyone know what I have to remove to stop Treebeard from this madness?!

26285.png

#2 Felipe Roll-st

Felipe Roll-st

Talion

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:23 AM

now that's hilarious! lol, maybe you could take a look at meneldil's modification guide, I think he shows how to code that properly in there, it should be on the3age.net 

#3 Miraak5

Miraak5

title available

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • Projects:ROTWK Patch 2.02, Wars of the North, BFME1 1.08 Complete Edition
  •  BIG coding, Map scripting and AI coding

Posted 19 March 2019 - 11:42 AM   Best Answer

look in the weapon "RohanTreeBeardRockThrow"

ProjectileFilterInContainer        = ANY +ROCK +INFANTRY -HOBBIT; We don't make the projectile, it is in our Contain module.

like me add -HOBBIT

by the way did you managed to add hobbit on treebeard and keeping the building chunk function ? because i know u can't have 2 transport module

He was the first...

#4 Echo

Echo

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  •  ~~
  • Donated

Posted 19 March 2019 - 07:24 PM

Thanks, that did it. I looked at the other Rock weapon, but not in a thousand years would I have looked in the default one.. interesting.

And yes, he indeed does lost his ability to grab building chunks. But on the other hand, I don't think anyone ever uses that. It's rather impractical in multiplayer.. Looking into it now!

Edit: The building chunk grabbing does not even work in vanilla BFME? Am I missing something? Neither does picking up a rock...

Edited by Echo, 19 March 2019 - 07:34 PM.

26285.png

#5 Miraak5

Miraak5

title available

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • Projects:ROTWK Patch 2.02, Wars of the North, BFME1 1.08 Complete Edition
  •  BIG coding, Map scripting and AI coding

Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:07 PM

actually it work, you need to use it on some ruined structures including ruined towers (u can also grab rocks on ground like the troll can do)

in 1.08 i made the "field rocks" do more damage than regular ones with also bonuses on structures because this features was almost never used

Edited by Miraak5, 19 March 2019 - 09:11 PM.

He was the first...

#6 Echo

Echo

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  •  ~~
  • Donated

Posted 20 March 2019 - 12:13 AM

Ok, makes sense. Anyway, I'm investigating now. :)

Edited by Echo, 20 March 2019 - 12:56 AM.

26285.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users