Photo

C&C:Generals ZH - "Other game version"

Best Answer WHYS0T0XIC, 20 April 2019 - 08:46 PM

Okay. So, I deleted the game (including all "my documents" files) and reinstalled the game. Patched it than with the Ultimate Collection Launcher and afterwards with GenTool.

Seems to work now! :-) The left bottom corner says now "Normal game installed" or something and I can join to the multiplayer servers..

Maybe this post might help other peoples with the same issue.

Cya ingame, buddies! :p

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 WHYS0T0XIC

WHYS0T0XIC
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 12:35 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm playing C&C Generals Zero Hour from Origin, The Ultimate Collection.

I've patched the game with GenTool and CNC Ultimate Collection Launcher Setup, but I still have connection problems to games of other players. I says I have another version of the game.

So I additionally tried to install the patch "generalsZH-104" in my installed game language. But the patcher/installer says "Old file not found". So, what can I do now?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards

#2 Leikeze

Leikeze
  • Project Team
  • 89 posts
  • Projects:ZH: Replay Reviews, Moderation, & Tech Support
  •  Drifting Poster

Posted 19 April 2019 - 01:37 PM

All you need is GenTool, as the Ultimate Collection already has the latest patch installed by default.

You just need to run your game as administrator to fix this problem.

Please! Please! try Windscribe free VPN to see if it fixes all of your ZH-Online connection issues!

You shouldn't use the C&C:Online launcher to launch Generals or Zero Hour.   If you are playing only those games, you should unhook and uninstall the C&C:Online launcher and install GenToolWhen you have done that, you just launch the game from its ordinary shortcut.     If you are using the Ultimate Collection, you should install this first; C&C Ultimate Collection Launchers.

hNdBUVK.jpg

#3 WHYS0T0XIC

WHYS0T0XIC
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 01:54 PM

Thanks Leikeze, but it still doesn't work. Any other solutions?

#4 WHYS0T0XIC

WHYS0T0XIC
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 10:08 AM

Just have seen, that when I'm starting the game, in the lower left corner GenTool loads something and in the end there stands:

"Modified Game Install: Not compatible with Regular Game"

Like I said. I'm using GenTool 7.6 + Cnc Ultimate Launcher + Origin Ultimate Edition und starting the game from it's original exe. Please help!

#5 WHYS0T0XIC

WHYS0T0XIC
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 08:46 PM   Best Answer

Okay. So, I deleted the game (including all "my documents" files) and reinstalled the game. Patched it than with the Ultimate Collection Launcher and afterwards with GenTool.

Seems to work now! :-) The left bottom corner says now "Normal game installed" or something and I can join to the multiplayer servers..

Maybe this post might help other peoples with the same issue.

Cya ingame, buddies! :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users