Commandos 2, a couple of modding questions

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 psychedelist

psychedelist
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:25 AM

Is there a way to make a commandos not create noise while running? There's a property ".NO_HACE_RUIDO 1" for the allies (Spiritual Leader has it set) that does just that, but i haven't found a place where it'd work for the commandos.

Is there a way to force Spy unequip the enemy uniform when crawling, similarly to Natasha? And also make enemies "see" his syringe action and blow his cover, like in Commandos 1?

Edited by psychedelist, 24 April 2019 - 02:04 PM.

#2 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:52 PM

You need to hack the comm2.exe , the currently rules dont allow that changes. The new version 2.0 will include a new .exe with new freatures like use harpoon in land, or be detected using syringe. But we have some problems with antivirus software so we will keep the original comm2.exe

About noise, If you already tried to .NO_HACE_RUIDO 1 in a commando I dont know how to do it. You can try to delete the ability of hear sounds of concrete enemies deleting REACTIVO_OIR_SONIDOS in the .gsc

Edited by extrano1955, 02 May 2019 - 09:52 PM.

#3 Jeroen

Jeroen
  • Members
  • 192 posts
  • Projects:Commandos BEL är bara smörja.

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:36 AM

we have some problems with antivirus software

Do you know why? I only know of (re)setting a program's checksum after editing, which should solve that.

#4 Zakxaev68

Zakxaev68

Stalking in the shadows

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 07:42 AM

Yeah Jeroen's right about the "your file may contain viruses" notification logic.

#5 psychedelist

psychedelist
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:19 AM

Extrano, thanks a lot for the answers. I wanted to disable the noise for Thief only (a noisy thief is a bad thief). The new exe features sound great, hope you resolve the antivirus problem. Looking forward to the new DP version.

#6 Jeroen

Jeroen
  • Members
  • 192 posts
  • Projects:Commandos BEL är bara smörja.

Posted 03 May 2019 - 07:15 PM

AFAIK Commandos2.exe is a PE32 (Portable Executable 32 bit). You can change it's checksum with modifype.exe or Epsilon's PEChecksum.exe. It seems modifype does not work on Vista (but then what does?). Not sure of Win 7 to 10.

I have modifype.exe if you want it but can't find it.

#7 psychedelist

psychedelist
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 11:48 AM

Is it possible to configure a patrol's vision distance and angle? I tried adding a ".VIGILADOR" block to various positions but it doesn't work. I noticed that those parameters seem to be same in all DP missions, yet different from the original game. Is it somewhere in PARGLOBAL.DAT or hardcoded in exe? Hoped it's possible to change it per mission at least.

Edit: Extrano, thanks a lot for the answer.

Edited by psychedelist, 11 May 2019 - 12:17 PM.

#8 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 12:06 AM

its about MACROS, delete PATRULLE.MAC to restore 1.0 rules, or modify with your own notepad. But this change will affect all missions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users