any advice for russia would be appreciated

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 arandompersons

arandompersons
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 01:44 AM

i can't seem to get a grasp with em.... they feel.... too iffy... any advice for how to use em would be appreciated.... i kinda feel like they are underwhelming.... but thats my view on it. do they have a set way to use em....? cause i've tried a few tactics, like using conscripts as cannon fodder... tried using alot of tesla weapons, but get curb-stomped easily, tried just using vehciles.... but i just can't seem to find any real way to play em... i can't seem to endure with em via durability, like euro alliance, i play a bit too much euro alliance...  can't seem to use high damage to outgun enemies, like USA or pacific front.... except with a few units, like wolfhounds. and i can't seem to easily move em around the map via high speeds, unlike scorpion cell... theres gotta be someone who knows how to play em.... as said before. ANY advice for em would be appreciated...

#2 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 27 April 2019 - 03:00 AM

Tesla cruiser, wolfhound and Volkov/Chitzkoi.

Combine those three, that's it. If you need siege, just use Scuds.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#3 Ebonight_5i8er

Ebonight_5i8er
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 03:58 AM

Russia can deploy their vehicles anywhere on the map with the Stalin's Fist. Mix that in with more War Factories, and you can build vehicles faster.

Tesla weapons are effective against all ground forces, but useless against structures unless it's Volkov. Use Borillos, or better, Scuds for sieging.

Using Overcharge can make Tesla Troopers, Volkov, Tesla Cruisers, and Tesla Coils do more damage against units for a brief period. Using it during a middle of a battle can change the tide for a Russia player.

Volkov, Chitzkoi and Tesla Cruisers can easily eliminate any ground unit in their way, but vulnerable to air units. Back them up with Tigrs and Wolfhounds.

Wolfhounds can deal with anything, and make great defensive and support units. Avoiding T1 anti-air defenses and T3 anti-air units can make them survive longer.

Terror and Tank Drops can increase the size of your moving tank blob, as well as surprising an unprepared player if deployed in their base. With Iron Curtain, it is enough to take out several infantry and vehicles (in the case of Terror Drop), or destroying a tech center (in the case of Tank Drop.)

Edited by Ebonight_5i8er, 27 April 2019 - 04:03 AM.

#4 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:20 PM

Everyone else suggested faction-specific stuff, so I'll suggest general Soviet tips since you didn't mention any other Soviet factions you played.

1. Don't use conscripts. They're pretty much useless outside of the early game. When you get T2, just get Pyros and Teslas, possibly supported by Flaks. 

2. Use demo trucks or Borillos + Ivans. If you manage to destroy a T2 tech structure like Airfield or Nanofiber Loom, that slows down the enemy's T3 and puts you at a huge advantage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users