Photo

An ability that makes a CaH use another weapon?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 shadowchoko666

shadowchoko666
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 06:52 PM

I'll put it as simply as I can.

Is it possible to make a CaH ability that makes the hero use a completely different weapon for a limited time?

Like for example: An ability like Blade Master or Berserker Rage (pressable and with a limited duration, not passive) that enables the hero to use a different weapon.

I'm thinking of making an ability that makes it so the Hero of The West class is able to use a weapon with area of effect (like the Olog Hai class weapon, or Saruman's. To basically hit many enemies at once) for a limited time.

Appreciate the help!

#2 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 30 April 2019 - 07:29 AM

On the3rdage.net there is a tutorial on converting normal abilities to create a hero abilities, i'd advise looking at that tutorial first to see if you can get it working, it shouldn't be too difficult, although the create a hero object is rather bloated with weapons.

Ridder Geel

#3 shadowchoko666

shadowchoko666
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:11 AM

I have already done that many times.

What i'm trying to figure out is some kind of ability that would make my CaH use a completely different weapon for a set duration (If you have Edain mod, i'm talking about something like Gorthaur's sword of Destiny's ability)

I'm thinking about an ability that would allow the Hero of the West to use a weapon that would hit many enemies at once, but only for a set duration, say 20 seconds, then wait for it to cool down and activate it again. Just like any other ability.

#4 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 01:22 PM

Which would require you to make a specialpower which activates a weaponsetflag for a certain time, then you can make a weaponset that uses this flag in order to enable that weapon.

Which is exactly how the aragorn, if i'm not mistaken, ability works with his 'hero' mode.

Ridder Geel

#5 shadowchoko666

shadowchoko666
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:12 AM

Looked through Aragorn's BladeMaster ability and see the "Hero mode" ability but nowhere do i see the line to write the weaponset :/

#6 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 08:32 AM

It should be in the weaponset code, so probably not between the behaviour modules.

WeaponSet
        Conditions        = WEAPONSET_HERO_MODE
        Weapon            = PRIMARY GondorAragornHeroSword
    End

Edited by Ridder Geel, 06 May 2019 - 08:34 AM.

Ridder Geel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users