8 replies to this topic

#1 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:36 PM

This is a thread to show some appreciation for some of the MO factions. Feel free to post which faction's gameplay is your favorite and why.

For me, Haihead has some of the best gameplay in MO, because a lot of their units have mechanics that reward micro. 

Shadrays can destroy anything in a line. You balance between maximizing damage output and not overextending your shadrays.

Diverbees can't auto-attack and need to manually target enemies. 

Fin will reload faster if he doesn't run out of ammo. So you can increase damage output by saving that last bullet. 

Irritators need to be carefully managed. You have to keep them out of mobile threats like jets, make sure to have them deployed, and try to confuse big targets like a Mastodon. 

Haihead is one of those factions where obsessively micro-ing every unit actually provides you meaningful rewards.

Also, this subfaction has extremely versatile utility units/powers that open room for creativity.

Syncronauts/Syncronins work well with different units and allows for some degree of creativity in how you use them, e.g with Shadray, Megalodon, Quetzals, Diverbees, or Jackals. 

Use Signal Jammer jammer to stop a Chinese EMP from countering your tech snipe, or prevent EA from deploying force shield when you use your superweapon.

Blackout Missile helps with sieging or delaying support power activation. 

So basically,

tl;dr Haihead rewards micro and their support powers are versatile. That's why their gameplay is fun.

#2 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Projects:Doing dumb shit to Red Alert 1
  •  Arrogant arsehole with questionable sanity.

Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:49 PM

> Fin
> Rewarding Micro

> Alize
> Rewarding Micro

> MADMAN
> Rewarding Micro

> Irritator
> Rewarding Micro

BkV0lWq.png

I'm going to need a Lobotomy after reading that.

Everyone seems to be arguing over how Yunru came into such a position of power,

yet nobody is willing to explain how Rahn's weapon is able to teleport a pair of shorts.

8QTUrX0.png

#3 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:37 PM

Saying that MADMAN is microintensive is like saying that China is microintensive, because they are not. Slow as fuck units can't be micromanaged properly.

#4 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 12:06 AM

I appreciate China for their cheap but low quality and fragile units, like the Nuwa.

I appreciate the Latin Confederation for their no-nonsense approach to obtaining visas, their migration caravan to the US was definetaly more effective than what we see IRL.

I appreciate HQ for upholding unrealistic male body standards through gene editing, inspiring us all.

I appreciate the US for being essential to Yuri's rise to power. Without their forever going quest for oil, Rashidi would have not got along with Yuri.

I appreciate all of Foehn for finally taking off the heat of Epsilon. Very few say that Epsilon is OP since they are around.

I appreciate the Alpha Legion for successfully infiltrating Haihead, even posing one of their own in plain sight as Haihead's hero.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#5 Death_Kitty

Death_Kitty

Balance Crusader.

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  I don't know what balance looks like in this mod; I just know I want it.

Posted 29 April 2019 - 12:58 AM

I appreciate WoC for being gimmicky and broken

I appreciate Last bastion for being less gimmicky and more broken

I appreciate Haihead for being incredibly gimmicky AND broken.

I appreciate LC for having the most overworked War factory in the game.

I appreciate SC for having the most great-on-paper-but-useless-irl units

I appreciate USA for being irritating 

I appreciate Psi-corps for being somehow more irritating

I appreciate Epsilon HQ for being invalidated by 3.3.4

I appreciate Russia for being so one note and easy

I appreciate China for being somehow more one note than russia, but still needing more micro

I appreciate Euro Alliance for... not giving me a reason to gripe about them

I appreciate Pacific front for being so easy to mind control.

I appreciate speeder for making all these silly factions, and working forward for all us people. Thank you speeder. 

I appreciate AlexB for making all this possible. Thanks dude.

(sorry dude, but with JackoDerps's response, the chance of this thread being serious died.)

And I appreciate a good 40k reference when I see one. 

Edited by Death_Kitty, 29 April 2019 - 12:58 AM.

#6 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:48 AM

I appreciate Epsilon HQ for lol Shadow minersnipings

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#7 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Projects:Doing dumb shit to Red Alert 1
  •  Arrogant arsehole with questionable sanity.

Posted 29 April 2019 - 12:28 PM

I appreciate Epsilon HQ for lol Shadow minersnipings

MZ040nO.gif

Everyone seems to be arguing over how Yunru came into such a position of power,

yet nobody is willing to explain how Rahn's weapon is able to teleport a pair of shorts.

8QTUrX0.png

#8 Ebonight_5i8er

Ebonight_5i8er
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 01:35 PM

I appreciate US for having excellant laser tactics and one of the best and cheapest monster tanks. Also, Tanya being useful compared to her YR counterpart.  

I appreciate Russia for being mindlessly simple, yet powerful, Wolfhounds being one of the best 'take on everything' units, and a blast from the past heroes. 

I appreciate Latin Confederation for having possibly the best MBT in the game, Catastrophe/Deso spam, cool sounding Arsonists, and the loudest hero ever.

I appreciate China for the mighty Centy and the 2nd best waifu Yunru. Can't forget EMP, Eradicators, Qilin's, and Gyrocopters.  

I appreciate any of the Epsilon factions for their Ghost Miners so I don't get harassed. 

I appreciate PsiCorps for having annoying magnets, amphibious combat, and the best hero and waifu Libra. 

I appreciate Scorpion Cell for being irritating to fight, but rewards damage with high micromanagement, as well as their hero being invisible. 

I appreciate HQ for having the best infantry warfare, Shadow Tank snipes, and Irkalla. 

I appreciate Haihead for having excellent support units like Irritators and Syncronin/Syncronauts, FinAlize, Blackout and Signal Jamming tactics, and the satisfying feeling of destroying an enemy Conyard with the MADMAN. 

I appreciate Wings of Coronia for having Zorbtrotters/Zorbfloaters being some of the best anti-infantry and annoying Roadrunners. 

I appreciate Last Bastion for having the best healing, Sweeper spam, Gharial siege, Boidmachine, durable Giantsbanes, and Uragan. 

That's about it  :p

#9 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 29 April 2019 - 01:58 PM

(sorry dude, but with JackoDerps's response, the chance of this thread being serious died.)

This was result was predictable, but I was hoping for something better.

Still though, it's nice to give feedback through a different perspective, focusing on which factions are interesting to play and why their gameplay design is good. Haihead's units, for example, have more to them and that's a great plus. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users