Help with customizing gamemode's INI files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DaxMarko

DaxMarko
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 03:29 PM

First of all, I'm impressed by how many top cannon sprites are there for IFVs, and how much of infantry can enter it. So this gave me an idea for Infantry Only alternative gamemode, where aircraft is allowed, and only ground vehicles that can be built are Allied's IFVs (preferably only European AMC and Tsuguri for balancing reasons, as Stryker's incredible speed can come of overpowered in some cases).

My goal is to, regardless of player's faction, give everyone these semi-customizable vehicles to replace their tanks with (e.g. Brute + AMC = Poor man's tank ,or, Flak Trooper + AMC = Vanilla Flak Track). Players will also have buildable aircraft, and IFVs will be proper counter to those. I'd imagine Tsuguri will come most handy for heroes or other special units for its increased survivability.

I took the .ini file "Infantry Only", removed lines that convert neutral buildings so mechanical shops can be usable, and enabled War Factories to be built. It works in-game fine, but my next step would be to disable all of the vehicles expect mentioned, and perhaps there's a way to give other factions aside Allied ability to build those vehicles. The brick wall in front of me is that I don't know how each unit is named in these .ini files. They have names like ARSO, MOTOR, GYRO (Arsonist, Mortar Quad and Gyrocopter respectively), and I need to know exact ones for the tanks.

And I wonder will it work in multiplayer if both me and my buddy share same ini file for it, or does that come down to whoever is hosting the lobby?

Any help or assistance appreciated.

Edited by DaxMarko, 03 May 2019 - 05:22 PM.

#2 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:08 PM

The brick wall in front of me is that I don't know how each unit is named in these .ini files. They have names like ARSO, MOTOR, GYRO (Arsonist, Mortar Quad and Gyrocopter respectively), and I need to know exact ones for the tanks.

What you can do is open the map editor and create an empty map. Then just place the vehicle you need to your map and hover your cursor over it, it's ID should appear in the status bar.

8aoheB3.png

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

https://drive.google...BIYEYXz7u8KCAMr

My maps:

#3 DaxMarko

DaxMarko
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:45 PM

I see now! I did try that in editor before making a thread here, but editor crashed before I could notice the text. Thanks a bunch though!

Found a way to force other factions to be able to build AMC and Tsuguri in their War Factories, I probably can take it from here now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users