Photo

My opinion of Avengers Endgame and Infinity War (spoilers beware)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  Media Division Top Contributer

Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:56 AM

Something tells me if the budget, scripting and events turn out almost perfectly (without the Disney boring drama effect), Infinity War and Endgame can be compressed into a 3-hr movie as one. In addition to watching Infinity War the other day, I watched Endgame in a cinema today with my dad and I was right. That movie was disappointing and tedious as crap (except the last hour), very similar to Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End... plus the convoluted characters, and Brie Lawson and Danai Gurira should have gotten more screening time. I thought that Captain Marvel would have a major impact to the Avengers.... and that part did not go as planned due to the fact that she did not want to be in a team and she had to be in different places. Expect the same boring drama and adventure (and some action) in Star Wars 9: The Rise of Skywalker as well. It was totally different in Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, The Matrix Revolutions, The Dark Knight Rises and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II, where there have been armies battle for a longer period of time.

The very heavy hype of people wanting to watch this movie don't know what they are even thinking, despite going for a box office record to beat Avatar's $2.7+ billion USD global box office reign. Ever since Iron Man, I have yet to watch a good Marvel movie that's worth watching. Last year's Mission Impossible: Fallout was definitely worth watching and I'll bet this year's John Wick 3 (or Hobbs & Shaw or IP Man 4) will be worth watching due to the insurmountable action being used in the movie.

Now for the spoilers:

Spoiler

My opinion for the worst endings to a movie series:

1) The Hunger Games Mockingjay part 1 and 2 (where's the real action?)

2) The Matrix Revolutions (weird fighting matchup with CGI, and what happened to Neo?)

3) Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (**** Disney to continue the series into a convoluted disaster and the fallout of Johnny Depp)

4) Avengers: Endgame (wasn't as epic as planned and their idea of time travel sucks worse than Star Trek but Marvel's idea of time travel differs some from DC comics)

5) Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (not every prominent character returned)

My opinion for the best endings to a movie series:

1) The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

2) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II

3) Star Wars 6: Return of the Jedi (that was supposed to conclude the series until Disney extended the future trilogy instead)

4) The Dark Knight Rises

The one movie series that ended in a cliffhanger but never continued to conclude it is the Divergent series which is a disaster.

Edited by PurpleGaga27, 13 May 2019 - 01:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users