Four months of development, but hopefully worth the wait! Feel like I've said this a lot, but 2.2.12 is a big patch. It's main change is the inclusion of a brand new 5-mission campaign for the United States, marking the beginning of Red-Resurrection timeline. Furthermore the campaign features great voice acting and fully animated cutscenes between missions to tell the story in detail! Check out the trailer below.
The campaign can be found in the singleplayer menu of course, and although it can be played in any order I recommend going through them as listed for the story to make sense! Due to the size of the cutscenes I have put them up as a separate download, but please grab them before playing as they should massively improve the experience (and a lot of work went into them!).
That's not all however. Soviet Russia has received a replacement for the Tupolev, a jet which greatly added to their already potent frontline force. Instead, they receive a support power on T3 with the Air Strategy Control named the Judas Corps.
Judas Corps paradrops in 2 Spetsnaz infantry, equipped with a long range rifle and 'Blackout' EMP charges for use on structures. That is their main use, to sabotage enemy producted by disabling factories. This gives Russia another dimension and unique ability to slow down their enemy with subterfuge.
On top of that there are a bunch of new maps! Here are a few examples:
Of course there are many balance changes too, bug fixes and so on! Here's an overview of the entire patch:
- Added a brand new 5-mission United States campaign, including full voice acting! The US has had enough of Libya's belligerence and launched an invasion with the goal of toppling it's president Hamza al-Sanussi - and thus beginning the Red-Resurrection story.
- ADDITION: the Judas Corps support power for Soviet Russia. Available at T3 from the Air Strategy Control, it paradrops 2 Spetsnaz special forces equipped with a long range anti-infantry rifle and anti-structure EMP bombs. Capable of disabling enemy structures for 45 seconds at a time. Replaces the Tupolev.
- 11 all new maps for skirmish and multiplayer.
- Improvements to several Red Alert 2 campaign missions, making them harder on higher difficulties.
- Hot new lava tilesets featured on many new and old maps.
- Reworked existing maps for more interesting strategies and improved balance.
- Many balance adjustments and bug fixes.
You can view the full changelog here.
The patch can be downloaded and manually installed, if you are unable to use the client updater for whatever reason.
Remember you can always join our Discord for active discussion and first-look at every upcoming patch!