• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Zakxaev68

Zakxaev68

Stalking in the shadows

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 03:53 PM

Holy... Aaaaaaaaaaaa.... My heart almost exploded few minutes ago. No joke. Thanks to the guys over at the Desperados 3 Discord server, I just seen that Kalypso has already settled on a developer for what we expected the most (obviously)... a remastered version of Men of Courage, that is about to be launched this fall, Q4 of this year, for PC and consoles...

You can watch the retrospective video here, it has Ignacio Perez Dolset, the creator behind the series and founding father of Pyro, talk about the cooperation and his relationship with the series.

Unfortunately, our fears have became true . Its that Yipee Entertainment studio we talked about already, working on the remaster (and possibly the new game after). Why should fans worry that much? Well, given one has done mostly mobile games and no AAA titles are seen its catalogue whatsoever. On this note, majority of us have never heard about it for the same reason. I am not sure if Kalypso researched enough or they had that studio already doing something else for them and decided to "risk".

I don't know what to think except I nearly went crazy because of the sudden news.

comm-boot-camp-promo-revora-join-us-co.p

<<< CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO DO SO >>>

#2 Lexx2k

Lexx2k
  • Members
  • 133 posts
  • Projects:BTCOD Mission Pack

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:00 AM

It looks like all they do is exchanging the models, so even a purely mobile games based studio can't do much wrong here.

#3 MoutezZ

MoutezZ
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 12:02 AM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW great news, I'm really really so happy,

#4 MoutezZ

MoutezZ
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 12:12 AM

I spoke quickly...... there is no changes in the game only some little visuel effects.

#5 Zakxaev68

Zakxaev68

Stalking in the shadows

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 07:06 PM

Yeap. Nostalgia hit me hard when I heard too. As far as I can tell... Dead on arrival. Prove me wrong.

#6 MoutezZ

MoutezZ
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 04:05 PM

Now, the real question is : Why they don't want to do a new version with new levels ? Is about money or what exactly ?

There is a millions of fans out there in the whole world, waiting years & years... for nothing.

#7 herbert3000

herbert3000

Guilty Until Proven Innocent

• Division Admins
  • 593 posts
  • Division:Commandos HQ
  • Job:Division Admin

Posted 10 August 2019 - 04:39 PM

Now, the real question is : Why they don't want to do a new version with new levels ? Is about money or what exactly ?

There is a millions of fans out there in the whole world, waiting years & years... for nothing.

Keep in my mind that they have to recreate the whole game with the Unity engine. Even if they have access to the original code, they probably have to rewrite/adapt most of the codebase. The main advantage of creating the HD remaster first: they know exactly how the final product should look like, they don't have to redesign the maps or rebalance the units in any way.

As soon as they have a running and optimized HD version of Commandos 2, they can focus on creating new levels.

By the way, here are some screenshots from yesterday's (Aug, 9) live stream:

https://www.mediafir...nshots.zip/file

Link to the stream (be aware, it's in German): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/464797734

#8 Zakxaev68

Zakxaev68

Stalking in the shadows

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 05:27 PM

I have nothing else to say except the UI visuals look depressing. The animated character icons give the impression of a budget chinese mobile game. On top of that they rushed the announcement and didn't have an alpha version to demonstrate at least some passion and capability of remastering a legend unlike anything done before. What we were shown was "PRE-ALPHA" footage that brought only disappointment in some, Kalypso could have wait few months more before coming out with the news. Time for polishing the actual pre-alpha build... but they went with placeholder stuff. Even the main menu seems rushed - a thing they could have shown the series some love with.

Shame that anything else that comes after this will seem like a mobile game.

Oh, also it will get delayed. I feel it. "How to destroy a remaster 101" all over again.

Edited by Zakxaev68, 10 August 2019 - 05:34 PM.

#9 Jeroen

Jeroen
  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • Projects:Commandos BEL är bara smörja.

Posted 13 August 2019 - 06:19 AM

screenshot 88 shows you can still have 15 rifles (1/15) in you backpack. How innovative! Did you try to fill your backpack with weapons (mines etc)?

My browser (Ff) does not play the twitch vid. Is there a 'tube upload?

#10 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:34 PM

screenshot 88 shows you can still have 15 rifles (1/15) in you backpack. How innovative! Did you try to fill your backpack with weapons (mines etc)?

My browser (Ff) does not play the twitch vid. Is there a 'tube upload?

Affirmative sir (be warned, i don't think they have ever played Commandos 2 before)

Edited by SirRH, 14 August 2019 - 01:24 PM.

#11 Jeroen

Jeroen
  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • Projects:Commandos BEL är bara smörja.

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:05 PM

Ah, I should have looked for "Erster Eindruck" of course, thanks.

- Looking at the eyes of "HD thief" I think he is a relation of this f*cker:

Edited by Jeroen, 14 August 2019 - 10:49 PM.

#12 Zakxaev68

Zakxaev68

Stalking in the shadows

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 03:18 PM

So we have a contender for... worst employee of the year, Jeroen? :whatoa: :w00t:

Edited by Zakxaev68, 05 September 2019 - 03:19 PM.

#13 Felo

Felo
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:10 PM

The game releases 24th of January 2020.

#14 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 06:55 PM

And if you pre-order it on the Kalypso store you get access to the beta. 

#15 Incor_UA

Incor_UA
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:48 PM

Crawling animation is terrible. Unity engine can blend animations but developers didn't used that. All hope on moddmakers. Saper doesn't have a bone socket for binding the skeleton of the enemy when carrying. I hope all will be fine after release.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users