targetarea

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OneV

OneV
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 04:33 PM

Sorry for posting so much, but I stumbled upon another issue that I cannot resolve by myself. 
I was wondering if somebody can point me in the right direction to increase the target area of a hero that was added to a mod 
I am working on.

Currently, it is virtually impossible to select the hero or to order your units to attack that unit when that hero is surrounded by other units. It seems that the target area is just 1 pixel. Can it be fixed via code or do I need to work on the models?

#2 Miraak5

Miraak5

title available

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • Projects:ROTWK Patch 2.02, Wars of the North, BFME1 1.08 Complete Edition
  •  BIG coding, Map scripting and AI coding

Posted 22 June 2019 - 07:36 PM

You mean that you have trouble to select the hero right ?
then you need to edit his model and add the boundingbox (if it's not already here)

if it's not there take it from an existing model and paste it in your 3dsmax/renx scene

then scale it to 2.0

once you scaled it position it correctly on the model (you need to move it down so it entierly cover the model from head to foot)

and finally in export settings tab set it to AABox

He was the first...

#3 OneV

OneV
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 05:02 AM

Yes,thank you for a fast response and direction. I have never worked on models before so looks like I will have to do some research before I can even attempt resolving the problem. Thanks again!

#4 OneV

OneV
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 06:02 PM

I was not successful in fixing the issue. The hero whose bounding area I'm trying to fix is Radagast who is in Rohan faction. When I open ruradagast.w3d in RenX, I am getting this blob of bones I assume. The bounding box is present and it seems much higher than the bones are. I attached the screenshot with what I am seeing. I decided to proceed and increased the bounding box from 100 to 175. I then used the setting as shown on the screen, clicked "file" -> "export" and saved it with the setting as shown on the other screen. In the game though, Radagast is now completely invisible and I can only see his health bar. If I click under that health bar, I cannot select him still.

Apart from ruradagast.w3d, there is ruradagast dds image in art/compiledtextures. I am not sure what to do with those, but I am guessing it has something to do with Radagast being invisible and me not using this dds file.

There is definitely something that I am doing wrong. I'd appreciate any help.

Also, if it matter, in ragast.ini, I see this code:
        DefaultModelConditionState
            Model               = ruradagast
            Skeleton            = IUSaruman_SKL
            WeaponLaunchBone    = PRIMARY STAFFFX 
        End
However, I cannot find IUSaruman_SKL anywhere, so I am guessing it is already included in radagast.w3d.

Attached Thumbnails

• radagastblob.png
  • radagastsave.png

Edited by OneV, 23 June 2019 - 06:12 PM.

#5 Super Hippo

Super Hippo
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 11:24 PM

This really doesn't look right. If the names are similar to BFME1, then the name of the file should end with "_skn.w3d".

Edited by Super Hippo, 26 June 2019 - 11:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users