Photo

How would I add more than one vehicle to a squad without the game crashing?

11 replies to this topic

#1 TobyMac01

TobyMac01
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 04:18 PM

I'm trying to do it so you can reinforce the killa kan squad as in the actual tabletop game you can have more than one but every time I start up the game it crashes. Anyway around this as I've spent hours trying to figure it out with no solution? (Solved)

Edited by TobyMac01, 04 July 2019 - 04:37 PM.

#2 TobyMac01

TobyMac01
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 04:36 PM

I got it as I done the smart idea of checking another mod (UA). If anyone has the same problem then in the ebp and in combat_ext change the complex_upgrades to false same with other units like commanders.

#3 Industrial_Strength

Industrial_Strength

Diesel Powered

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Projects:Surviving (RL), DOW 1
  •  S/A: Random Delays [See Profile]

Posted 04 July 2019 - 05:10 PM

Good to hear that you got it! Was gonna point LemonTree your way as he knew the vehicle thing from a mod he's working on.

Glad you got it down.
"I do what I can to serve the public."

#4 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 09:59 AM

Apart from you can't repair them.

#5 Industrial_Strength

Industrial_Strength

Diesel Powered

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Projects:Surviving (RL), DOW 1
  •  S/A: Random Delays [See Profile]

Posted 06 July 2019 - 03:47 PM

Very true Fuggles. I forgot to mention it. I'd just woken up at the time...

My bad LoL.🤦‍♂️ 😉

Thanks for pointing it out. 👍

Edited by Industrial_Strength, 06 July 2019 - 03:48 PM.

"I do what I can to serve the public."

#6 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 06:36 AM

You can make them self healing I suppose. Or make it true to TT so apothecary stops damage or death and no-one heals.

#7 ZmajOgnjeniVuk

ZmajOgnjeniVuk
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:30 PM

Fuggles, can I ask why cant you repair vehicles if there are more than one in squad?
I skimmed through the conversation and this is my impression. 
I had some ideas of my own regarding multiple vehicles in a squad so it is of some interest to me. Thanks brother.

#8 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:34 PM

Well, the problem is that the repair command (even a "click-issued" one) works only on squads...

You cannot target/select a "specific" member of a squad, your "left-click" always selects the squad as a WHOLE  :thumbsdownsmiley:

And this is true for all abilities, weapon, etc. I mean, you cannot specifically target a SPECIFIC entity within a squad (with some exceptions with the leader), no matter what.

Deeper/Designer's Note: The engine IDs the "last" entity build, as the one that will be targeted first. Same is true with sounds - in multi-membered squads, you will be listening the voices of the last-created entity. And if that one dies, the previous one (each has an intrinsic cumulative index).

I can get even more technical, but you got the picture :grad:

> All in all... You cannot repair vehicles in more-than-one member squads.

Alternative

BUT, you CAN create an ability (needs some skill) that targets a squad and only repairs (wherever part of) the damage of its vehicles. :twisted:

Edited by Gambit, 17 July 2019 - 08:36 PM.

-In search of Papasmurf...

#9 ZmajOgnjeniVuk

ZmajOgnjeniVuk
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:03 PM

Thanks for the explanation and I love that there is a solution for this issue :D 

#10 EzArIk

EzArIk
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Projects:Legio~Cybernetica, [To.Be.Announced],....,etc.

Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:00 PM

(an over complicated solution (which I've been planning to use for something different)), is that you could have a dummy Squad and when it spawns have 2 or however many you need of the 1 veihcle squad be spawned by SCAR and forced to follow the dummy arround (with direct controll disabled, or just any time they're selected moving selection to their invisible dummy instead, (could fake adding members by adding a leader option to the dummy squad that gets instantly removed and replaced by another slaved veihcle squad when complete))) (see Sindri's capture guardsmen SCAR ability in Winter assault campaign, I believe it could be adapted for the "follow me" part, I can give more details on the rest if anyone wants a head start (had it planned out somewhere, but like half my stuff, not fullly implemented due to lack of time, etc.))
edit: (store them as an SGROUP in SCAR and have SCAR set their Stance, etc. to match the dummy too)

Edited by EzArIk, 25 September 2019 - 03:03 PM.

#11 Kasrkin84

Kasrkin84

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Projects:Strongholds, Unification

Posted 27 September 2019 - 07:51 AM

How would multi-vehicle squads work with the Necron Destroyer Lord's possession ability?

#12 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 08:36 AM

Never tested it...

If it is not "glitchy", I suppose the enemy squad remains unchanged and you maintain both entities.

Interesting question, by the way!

-In search of Papasmurf...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users