Photo

Any updates on the next version of the mod?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Zharakov

Zharakov
  • Members
  • 94 posts
  •  Everyone dies....But not everyone truly LIVES

Posted 24 July 2019 - 03:37 PM

Its almost been a year since the last update. I'm curios on what's been going on with the development of next version that includes the highly anticipated finale of all 4 factions.

And what seems to be the delay?

#2 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,636 posts
  • Projects:Multiple projects at Croteam

Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:00 AM

From following the main twitter, I think the delay is caused by an overhaul of all factions, balance, and I think the previously released campaign missions too so they fit the new balance better too.

#3 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,845 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yuri's Revenge
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:22 PM

The updates to the internal version of the mod are continuously being made, as you can see in the previews on our related pages like Twitter or ModDB profiles, but I can't give you an estimate on a release date. It's just how this thing, a mod, works. There's now many people working on many pieces of the next update, which is demanding when it comes to the amount of work required, probably bigger than anything before, and they all have their lifes first, before making contributions to the mod. All I can say is that the finale and the updates will certainly happen.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#4 Divine

Divine

Note that I was drunk when I chose the name for my forum account

• Members
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:49 PM

The updates to the internal version of the mod are continuously being made, as you can see in the previews on our related pages like Twitter or ModDB profiles, but I can't give you an estimate on a release date. It's just how this thing, a mod, works. There's now many people working on many pieces of the next update, which is demanding when it comes to the amount of work required, probably bigger than anything before, and they all have their lifes first, before making contributions to the mod. All I can say is that the finale and the updates will certainly happen.

Godspeed, I'm hyped AF. BTW can I contribute somehow?

#5 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,636 posts
  • Projects:Multiple projects at Croteam

Posted 26 July 2019 - 10:06 AM

I do hope that a Foehn campaign set after Act 2 Finale will still happen. I know that datamining confirms that, but that was -then-, and since then a lot of things and plans must have changed.

Edited by Solais, 26 July 2019 - 10:06 AM.

#6 Zharakov

Zharakov
  • Members
  • 94 posts
  •  Everyone dies....But not everyone truly LIVES

Posted 27 July 2019 - 02:57 PM

Alright, i understand mate, thanks for the reply.

What's the longest process in creating future updates of the mod? I think you might have mentioned in the official MO site that scrip writers are the most needed assest now

#7 Kirov_Fury

Kirov_Fury
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  •  We need more funding !!!

Posted 30 July 2019 - 04:46 PM

I really wonder the "beyond act 2". Will all 2 sides (Allies/Soviets) be completely annihilated or are we going to see some of their "Aftermath" missions ?

Edited by Kirov_Fury, 30 July 2019 - 04:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users