Photo

New tree problem

tree

Best Answer -SilverBane-, 29 July 2019 - 09:19 PM

EDIT: I got it somehow to work, although theres still the weird issue that preview is pink.

And worldbuilder goes black screen when i click shrubbery category then tells me impossible to add object. but then i can add them. 

The tutorial would be very nice if you can do it! thanks

unknown.png

EDIT: all working fine now. pink texture and wb blackscreen was due to having a 2nd .psd texture in material editor. fixed all working good now

unknown.png

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -SilverBane-

-SilverBane-

Inactive Noob

• Project Team
  • 474 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Mapper & Coder

Posted 29 July 2019 - 07:39 PM

Hello,

Today I made a palm tree. All good and nice, but when I open it in w3d viewer, i can see the trunk thru the foliage! Any ideas why's that and how to fix it?

My tree foliage is different from EAs, I made a plane then simply added 2-face mode in w3d tools export options. I see their trees have planes with 2 faces, any way to achieve that? ( i tried the "cap" option in the edge edit poly mode, but it turns out ugly results because my planes are curved)

Another question I have, I know there's some wind sway tree animation, is that done somewhere in the model or achieved by the game engine somehow? When i try to import EA's models they kinda ask for a skeleton, (2nd time choose file to import).

I have been unable to find any tree/shrub making tutorial related to bfme or other SAGE games such as C&C. I know there's some people here who successfully added new trees, such as in AotR mod. Help?

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

2qm3dd5.jpg

#2 Dúnedain76

Dúnedain76

Misty Mountain Hop

• Division Admins
  • 451 posts
  •  Mapper, Artist, Coder
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:The3rdAge Admin

Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:22 PM

I can write you up a quick tutorial after I'm off work later. I'll need to look at my .max files.

#3 -SilverBane-

-SilverBane-

Inactive Noob

• Project Team
  • 474 posts
  •  Mapper & Coder

Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:19 PM   Best Answer

EDIT: I got it somehow to work, although theres still the weird issue that preview is pink.

And worldbuilder goes black screen when i click shrubbery category then tells me impossible to add object. but then i can add them. 

The tutorial would be very nice if you can do it! thanks

unknown.png

EDIT: all working fine now. pink texture and wb blackscreen was due to having a 2nd .psd texture in material editor. fixed all working good now

unknown.png

Edited by -SilverBane-, 30 July 2019 - 01:23 AM.

2qm3dd5.jpg

#4 Dúnedain76

Dúnedain76

Misty Mountain Hop

• Division Admins
  • 451 posts
  •  Mapper, Artist, Coder
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:The3rdAge Admin

Posted 30 July 2019 - 03:24 AM

Glad to see you got it working! Either way I'll give you some tips for them trees.

In order for new trees to sway like in vanilla, they need to be exported as a simple mesh. One major thing to know with this is that the texture for the tree then needs to be on one texture AND the UVW mapping needs to be all on one plane for the mesh. Otherwise you'll get some very unwanted results. Beyond that, let me know if you have any other issues and I'll see if I can answer.

#5 -SilverBane-

-SilverBane-

Inactive Noob

• Project Team
  • 474 posts
  •  Mapper & Coder

Posted 30 July 2019 - 09:11 AM

I exported as hierarchical object, but they seem to sway, atleast in worldbuilder (did not test ingame yet).

2qm3dd5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users