AotR 4.1 World Builder
This is a standalone World Builder, it contains AotR 4.1 plus everything neccessary from RotWK v2.02 to run World Builder outside of the game folder. It includes Large Address Aware and the no-eula patch. You will need to copy your own Worldbuilder.exe into the folder and patch it yourself.
There are new features in the Age of the Ring 4 that revolutionise map making for The Battle for Middle-earth. We've added cliff 3d models that can speed up creation and beautify your maps. As seen in the AotR Fellowship of the Ring Campaign we've added walls and other objects that can be used to create rooms inside buildings.
There are bugs, there are some bad bugs that can ruin your map. We are looking into them and working on fixing them.
- Download AotR World Builder. [link]
- Unzip the folder wherever you like - it is a standalone AotR World Builder.
- Copy the lang folder from your Rise of the Witch King game folder, paste it into your AotR World Builder folder.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king
- Copy Worldbuilder.exe from your Rise of the Witch King game folder, paste it into your AotR World Builder folder.
- Read this guide and download Large Address Aware. Patch the Worldbuilder.exe with Large Address Aware (LAA). [link]
- Use LAA at your own risk.
- Do not use it if your computer has less than 2GB of RAM.
- LAA patches programs to use more than 2GB of RAM.
- LAA on World Builder is used to open large maps and reduce the memory-related crashes that World Builder has.
- LAA may cause terrain texture issues on your map. Reload the map without saving.
We will not be providing support for the AotR World Builder (WB), just please follow the guide and don't blame us if it goes wrong. Post here if you have an issue and describe exactly what you did and what issue you have.
This is used AT YOUR OWN RISK. It has the ability to completely ruin your install of RotWK IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. For that reason we are only releasing it here and not on Discord or ModDB.
Edited by MattTheLegoman, 04 January 2020 - 06:03 PM.