• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Silthaz

Silthaz
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 06:16 PM

Hey Guys,

i would like to thank you firstly for your extraordinary mod. With the update 4.0  the game its even more exciting then ever before. 

i started play one of the updated new map coming with the realise 4.0 and it seems the Gorgoroth its not working proparly. I mean with the new factions (both Rivendell and Rohan) and AI.

The computer players dont build any structures and just they builders just stay all the time around the fortress. 

I checked also the other new maps with composition of AI players in my team - Rivendell, Rohan and Erebor (to compare) on diffrent levels

This is the results:

- Tournament Hills of Evendim - Ok

- Cape of Forlond - Ok

- Caras Galadhon - Ok

- Carnen - Ok

- Bree - Ok

- Jungles of Harad - Ok

- Lossarnach - Ok

- Lamedon - Ok

- Lorien Gardens - Ok

- Gorgoroth - Not working

- Druadan Forest - i have few maps of this and only the map with 8 players is not working.

I was curious what about the other of my favourite maps and i would like to know is it possible to fix:

- Woody End - both AI Rohan and Rivendell is not working

- Rhun - AI Rohan is not working

- Dunland - AI Rivendell is not working

- Desert of Rhun - both AI Rohan and Rivendell is not working

- Vale of The Fell Beast - AI Rivendell is not working

I report the issue with the AI of the Rivendell and Rohan on Gorgoroth map. If it's possible to fix the other vanilla and 2.02 maps, that would be great. ;)

Attached Thumbnails

• Rivendell - Gorgoroth.jpg
  • Rohan - Gorgoroth.jpg

Edited by Silthaz, 10 August 2019 - 06:26 PM.

#2 Silthaz

Silthaz
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:58 PM

Bump! I would like to know guys, if is any chance to fix this problem. Ofc with Gorgoroth map, not exactly with the other maps which i mention, but also it would be cool. ;)

#3 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 26 August 2019 - 09:14 AM

G'day, the AI on the AotR Gorgoroth map work fine. That map in the screenshot looks different, can you please give me more information?

To add AI to a map we must edit the .map file. Please report all AotR maps with missing AI in them. However, we can't code it in so that all custom maps get AI for our new factions.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#4 Silthaz

Silthaz
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 08:01 PM

Thx Matt for the response and explanation.

Well this map is for 8 players and as i remembered, i get this from 2.02 patch. I checked that i have also a map called Plains of Gorgoroth and i wonder is it this one which AOTR team made. Honestly, even when i install the mod i probably cant find appropriate map.

I will put the list of maps with missing AI in the next post, just below this topic. Ofc i bear in my mind that not every custom map with the code'ing will get new factions playable by AI. But still i appreciate your hard work guys. ;)

Attached Thumbnails

• sshot0008.jpg
  • sshot0005.jpg

#5 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 27 August 2019 - 02:49 AM

The hammer icon next to the map means that it is a custom map. We can only add AI to maps that come with the mod, those have a star icon.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#6 Silthaz

Silthaz
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 04:19 PM

Hello again :)

I make some research with the new update and new factions - how AI Rivendell and Rohan works in the AOTR maps. I checked all maps (with stars) and here are my thoughts and what i discovered:

The true is that only Rohan is not working on these few maps:

• Rhun

• The Enchanted Stream 

But i saw some other problems with AI, which focus on the fortress maps (with BFME1 style of building structers):

• Caras Galadhon – AI player is not working on fortress spot

• Edoras – Ai player is not working on fortress spot

• Thorin’s Halls - Ai player is not working on fortress spot

• The Last Homly House - Ai player is not working on fortress spot

• Kingdom of Erebor - Ai player is not working on fortress spot

• Besiege: Kingdom of Erebor – AI located outside the fortress dont build resource structers

• Amon Sul Fortress – AI located in the fortress is not working

It would be cool to fix these issues, but i understand if you didnt intend to make such changes with an AI working on fortress spot. ;)

Attached Thumbnails

• Rhun.jpg
  • The Enchanted Stream.jpg

Edited by Silthaz, 29 August 2019 - 04:20 PM.

#7 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 31 August 2019 - 06:17 AM

Okay, thanks for your research Silthaz. I can check the two official maps for Rohan's AI and ensure that they work for AotR 4.1. Unfortunately, AI does not work for fortress maps (4.1 will have "Fortress: " as a prefix), these are best played on T3A:Online.

P. S. It is possible to use heavy scripting, unique to the map to add AI. This has been done for Besiege: Kingdom of Erebor. Yet that map is still intended to play with a friend.

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 31 August 2019 - 06:19 AM.

#8 Silthaz

Silthaz
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 02:25 PM

Thx Matt. I appreciate this and your hard work. By the way, checking all this maps i found out how beautifully they are made. Im sure that i will play some of them and enjoy - also the fortresses maps. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users