LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:25 AM

In this guide I will be explaining how to fix faulty, unwanted or bugged structure geometry through teleportation.

The structures will start elsewhere on the map when the game begins and will be instantly teleported with a script.

If your structure is a bridge or has a ramp and platform then you will need to accurately sculpt the terrain to match the walkable areas. Then you can paint that terrain invisible.

Here is an example from The Age of the Ring’s Fortress: Edoras by Fudge.

AdlaOKdm.jpg

The design is okay. It uses Helms Deep wall sections to build a platform and short staircase. Unfortunately, these objects do not work well with the Golden Hall keep on top. Units get a little buggy.

Step 1: I recreate the ramp and platform as terrain, keeping the Helms Deep wall sections in position.

7Tn36pPm.jpg

Step 2: I write down each object’s name, XY position and Z position.

pgSA11sm.jpg

Step 3: I move these objects off the visible map.

This map has no off-map section because it is large. The platform, ramp and blocking geometry stays here when the objects are teleported. On this mountain where it does not interfere with units.

The Golden Hall fortress keep stays here because we do want that building to stay.

tVV5s1Fm.jpg

Zsjp8iYm.jpg

Step 4: I place waypoints for each structure’s XY position and Z position.

w3IUfDQm.jpg

Step 5: I create a new script that will fire at once. It teleports each object to their waypoint.

EWuyfpTm.jpg

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users