Crash on load up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TCorb

TCorb
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 04:17 PM

I have just installed the Age of the Ring mod and loaded the game up. Upon trying to play either Skirmish or War of the Ring, the game freezes, goes black, and then crashes which is extremely annoying. I can however play the campaigns so I'm confused as to why this issue is occurring. I am using Windows 10, game patch 2.02 and have the Edain mod installed also but disabled. Any help would be largely appreciated.

Many thanks.

#2 Ectheldir

Ectheldir
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 12:12 PM

I have two different ideas, what the problem might be.

1) When you last played Edain, you selected a faction, which does not appear in AotR (e.g. Angmar). You can solve this by opening Edain (do not forget to disable 2.02) and selecting any faction in the skirmish and WotR menu, which you can play in AotR.

2) I vaguely remember also having a problem with Edain custom heroes, which were not compatible with other mods. Yet, I sadly forgot where the files for the custom heroes are located. Maybe someone else can help you finding them, if 1) does not work.

#3 TCorb

TCorb
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 02:43 PM

Thanks for the response however since downloading the Age of the Ring mod I am unable to even load Edain now without getting an error message. I have tried uninstalling Edain and reinstalling it to see if I can do as you suggested. Despite this, it still won't load the game. The issues still persists with Age of the Ring and any further help would be largely appreciated.

#4 Ectheldir

Ectheldir
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 12:56 PM

Are you sure you disabled 2.02 before trying to start Edain?

Furthermore, is the RotWk version, you got Edain installed on, on the default gamepath? (The game is on the default gamepath, if the folder has the exact same name as your original installation and is in the exact same location) For some reason Edain is really picky, if it is on the wrong path. Some other mods don't care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users