After a number of tests and 3/4 evenings of unsure researching... I solved this problem where I was able to connect online in Tiberium Wars and Kane's Wrath, but I was unable to get the peer-to-peer (p2p) connection with the other players in the same room I was.
I've opened quite a bit of "solved" posts that just left me scratching my head. Since the guys opening them, once solved the problem just disappeared.
...Nuff said here's what worked for me:
- Before launching the game (through C&C: Online's launcher), I start Windscribe VPN (10 Gb free per month, all preferences left as default)
- In Options -> Network the VPN unlocks me the 'Online IP' selector and I select the IP that starts with "10. ..."
Some things that may also be relevant to you watching the post:
- The first time I tried to login online (in-game) with the new IP made available by the VPN my screen froze
- The tool which tells you whether you need to forward ports, told me that I didn't need to do port forwarding (aka mapping)
- I didn't try setting up a DMZ
- I own a private IP instead of a public one, so port forwarding wasn't a choice for me (am I right?)
- I didn't try opening UDP port 16000
- In my router configs (aka virtual server) I have "Universal Plug and Play" (UPnP) and "IPv6 on LAN" enabled
- My connection is 100 Mbps, when I was last active 1.5 yrs ago with slower connection I never had this problem
- My copy of the game is not from the Ultimate Collection, nor Steam
Since I'm a noob on this entire matter, please DO correct me if I've written something that might spread misinformation.
Now some questions:
- To avoid being reliant on the VPN: should I try setting up a DMZ, (can I even do that given my private IP?) ?
- If I successfully setup a DMZ should I be concerned about security?
Edited by RevStriker, 05 October 2019 - 09:19 PM.