Photo

Hero Color Change

map.ini tintdrawable fxlist faramir nazgul bfme1 ini.big textures.big hero worldbuilder

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gandolfini

Gandolfini
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 12:51 PM

I'm working on a map.ini file and I'm trying to change the color of a hero using something similar to the LurtzCarnage ability, but instead of Red I would like to use Black or just simply make the hero darker when the FX is activated. I also don't want the color change to run out of time, like LurtzCarnage. 

FXList FX_LurtzBloodRage
  TintDrawable
Color = R:180 G:0 B:0
PreColorTime = 10
PostColorTime = 10
SustainedColorTime = 280
Frequency = 0
Amplitude = 0
  End
  Sound
    Name = LurtzCrippleEffect
  End
End

The hero I'm editing is Faramir, where I changed his skin to become a Nazgul, along with ButtonImage, SelectPortrait, Voice and more.

FaramirNazgul1.png

My only problem with this skin is how much white there still is in it, if only I could add a layer of darkness over the texture.

And I'm pretty sure he looks even worse in the HD Edition, with a lot more white texture on his torso.

If you know a way I can achieve this, please let me know. It would be much appreciated!

#2 Johammed

Johammed
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 02:36 PM

Edited by Johammed, 25 October 2019 - 02:40 PM.

#3 Gandolfini

Gandolfini
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 02:44 PM

Managed to get a little bit of red using this method, I'm using red to test how much color I was able to add, probably not enough to make the white parts darker.

FaramirNazgulRed.png

When I change the RGB to 0,0,0 or 10,10,10 nothing seem to happen.

#4 Super Hippo

Super Hippo
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 11:07 AM

You could take the original image file, make it darker with some image editing program and add the new texture with a mod and use the new image file. That obviously can’t be done with map.ini alone.

If there is some way to make an image darker in map.ini? I don’t know. Don’t really have a lot of experience with using map.ini.

#5 Johammed

Johammed
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 01:42 PM

Edited by Johammed, 26 October 2019 - 01:43 PM.

#6 Gandolfini

Gandolfini
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 01:43 PM

You could take the original image file, make it darker with some image editing program and add the new texture with a mod and use the new image file. That obviously can’t be done with map.ini alone.

If there is some way to make an image darker in map.ini? I don’t know. Don’t really have a lot of experience with using map.ini.

This is what I usually do when I'm modding M&B Warband, but I'm trying to keep my BFME to map.ini only. The way I see it, making a mod for BFME would be pointless unless I edit enough stuff to make it worth it, like brand new models, skeletons, etc. I kinda like the challenge of only editing excising things from 1.06 and keeping it playable for everyone.

Edited by Gandolfini, 26 October 2019 - 01:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users