Photo

Spellbook power not showing in the left command section in game

spellbook special power

Best Answer Miraak5, 09 November 2019 - 01:43 PM

pretty simple (u can remove your edit on the CommandButton Command_SpellBookElvenGifts)

you just need to edit CommandSet MenSpellBookCommandSet the same way you did for CommandSet MenSpellStoreCommandSet

by replacing Command_SpellBookRebuild by Command_SpellBookElvenGifts

MenSpellStoreCommandSet represent the power you can purchase and MenSpellBookCommandSet the power that appears after u purchased them

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 marsarah89

marsarah89
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Projects:ROTWK Unofficial 202 modding

Posted 09 November 2019 - 02:08 AM

Hi all, I've been trying to read on forums about this but I can't seem to find a direction. I've been working on my mod for ROTWK for a while, changing different aspects of the game. Right now I'm working on re-ordering and changing spellbook powers. I figured out how to re-arrange them in commandset.ini and couple them in science.ini, but now I want to replace the Rebuild power with Elven Gifts for the Men faction. What I've done is this:

- changed the commandset.ini

CommandSet MenSpellStoreCommandSet
1 = Command_PurchaseSpellRallyingCallMP
2 = Command_PurchaseSpellElvenGifts ; (previously Command_PurchaseSpellRebuild)
3 = Command_PurchaseSpellHeal

- changed the science.ini for the two spells following it (Tom Bombadil and Arrow Wind)

Science SCIENCE_TomBombadil
  PrerequisiteSciences = SCIENCE_GOOD SCIENCE_EnshroudingMistSP OR SCIENCE_GOOD SCIENCE_ElvenGifts OR SCIENCE_ELVES SCIENCE_Farsight OR SCIENCE_MEN SCIENCE_Heal OR SCIENCE_MEN SCIENCE_ElvenGifts
  SciencePurchasePointCost = GOOD_RANK_2_COST
  SciencePurchasePointCostMP = 10
  IsGrantable = Yes
End

Science SCIENCE_ArrowVolleyGood
  PrerequisiteSciences = SCIENCE_GOOD OR SCIENCE_MEN SCIENCE_ElvenGifts OR SCIENCE_MEN SCIENCE_RallyingCallMP OR SCIENCE_ELVES SCIENCE_Heal OR SCIENCE_ARNOR SCIENCE_Rebuild OR SCIENCE_ARNOR SCIENCE_RallyingCallMP
  SciencePurchasePointCost = 1
  SciencePurchasePointCostMP = 10
  IsGrantable = Yes
End

The power shows in the spellbook, is selectable and clickable, but when I hit Accept it does not show on the left side. I looked in the commandbutton.ini and added a border type to it:

CommandButton Command_SpellBookElvenGifts
Command = SPELL_BOOK
Options = NONPRESSABLE
TextLabel = CONTROLBAR:ElvenGifts
DescriptLabel = CONTROLBAR:TooltipElvenGifts    
SpecialPower = SpellBookElvenGifts
ButtonBorderType = ACTION ; <- here
ButtonImage = SBGood_ElvenGifts
End

... but that does not seem to do anything.

Anything I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

"The things I once imagined would be my greatest achievements were only the first steps toward a future I can only begin to fathom" - MTG Jace Beleren

#2 Miraak5

Miraak5

Dragonborn

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • Projects:ROTWK Patch 2.02, BFME1 Patch 1.08
  •  BIG coding, Map scripting and AI coding

Posted 09 November 2019 - 01:43 PM   Best Answer

pretty simple (u can remove your edit on the CommandButton Command_SpellBookElvenGifts)

you just need to edit CommandSet MenSpellBookCommandSet the same way you did for CommandSet MenSpellStoreCommandSet

by replacing Command_SpellBookRebuild by Command_SpellBookElvenGifts

MenSpellStoreCommandSet represent the power you can purchase and MenSpellBookCommandSet the power that appears after u purchased them

Edited by Miraak5, 09 November 2019 - 02:22 PM.

He was the first...

#3 marsarah89

marsarah89
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Projects:ROTWK Unofficial 202 modding

Posted 09 November 2019 - 11:07 PM

That answered it perfectly! I initially did change the CommandSet MenSpellBookCommandSet as well, but I put Command_PurchaseSpellElvenGifts instead of Command_SpellBookElvenGifts. Now that you explained what the spellbook and spellstore commandsets do, I uderstand it correctly. 

Updated the MenSpellBookCommandSet with the correct command button and it worked fine. 

Appreciate it.

"The things I once imagined would be my greatest achievements were only the first steps toward a future I can only begin to fathom" - MTG Jace Beleren

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spellbook, special power

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users