questions scar ui interface

7 replies to this topic

#1 Sindri_Mirr

Sindri_Mirr
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Projects:The War Approaches

Posted 17 November 2019 - 05:33 PM

I want effect on UI with SCAR help, how I can it besides use btn_ScarUI?

I have addons:

ig_addon_hq_1 - this okay, this not need changes

----

ig_weapon_lrss_main_plasma

ig_weapon_lrss_main_demolisher

ig_weapon_lrss_main_exterminator

ig_weapon_lrss_main_eradicator

ig_weapon_lrss_main_annihilator

ig_weapon_lrss_main_vanquisher

ig_weapon_lrss_sponsons_lascannons

ig_weapon_lrss_sponsons_hvy_flamers

ig_weapon_lrss_sponsons_plasma

ig_weapon_lrss_turret_hvy_stubber

ig_equip_lrss_armor

And ALL this leman russ addons I need in upgrades menu, i.e for this addons I need to change place variable from "list_commands" to "list_weapon_upgrades", how I can this doing with Scar?

-----------

Secondary Question

How I can make Global Ablities "simulation" with Scar? Similar Primary Question - change place variable from "list_abilities" to new variable "list_global_abilities" (uses SoulAbilities buttons) and make it avaiable for race without adding ability to structure/unit?

#2 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:13 PM

For the first question, you can always use FreeUI !!!

We have support for each entity with Addons, using a sub-menu that contain them.

You can also add researches, or train squads FROM AN ENTITY, with this submenu, not only addons.

... But you will have to create a small profile for the race in question.

While it sounds complex, it is actually very easy (if you know what you are doing).

As for the 2nd question, ... I do not exactly understand what you are trying to achieve...  :p 

Please, elaborate.

-In search of Papasmurf...

#3 Sindri_Mirr

Sindri_Mirr
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:55 PM

We have support for each entity with Addons, using a sub-menu that contain them.

You can also add researches, or train squads FROM AN ENTITY, with this submenu, not only addons.

While it sounds complex, it is actually very easy (if you know what you are doing).

As for the 2nd question, ... I do not exactly understand what you are trying to achieve...  :p

Please, elaborate.

But I need NO-submenu

d8Ak7DDwggg.jpg

#4 Kasrkin84

Kasrkin84

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Projects:Strongholds, Unification

Posted 18 November 2019 - 09:27 PM

Ah, so you're modding DOW2 rather than DOW1?

#5 Sindri_Mirr

Sindri_Mirr
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 09:36 PM

Ah, so you're modding DOW2 rather than DOW1?

No, DOW1, but have plans move to DOW2 after unknown people decompile content.bin (without it we can't add new races and new heroes/maps for last stand)

Edited by Sindri_Mirr, 18 November 2019 - 09:37 PM.

#6 BloodyVomit

BloodyVomit
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 01:42 AM

How I can make Global Ablities "simulation" with Scar? Similar Primary Question - change place variable from "list_abilities" to new variable "list_global_abilities" (uses SoulAbilities buttons) and make it avaiable for race without adding ability to structure/unit?

I'm not quite sure, but I see two options:
1. You can create scarbuttons in any place you want (just rewrite taskbar.lua) with scar abilities in them. The only problem that such abilities have no hotkey.
2. You can create an invulnerable dummy entity with no model and global abilities (not sure if global abilities work for anyone except dark eldar) with a scar script that will despawn this entity if it is the only one left on the field under the player command (in case if any wincondition like annihilation, destroy hq or kill commander is off).

#7 Sindri_Mirr

Sindri_Mirr
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:49 AM

Please, elaborate.

I have an idea

Combine command icons and upgrades buttons in one "list_commands" taskbar.lua table, but can I move from sub-menu to menu unit researches and addons? If combine I can just on ui_index_hint number over count of CommandIcon_*s, and this addon starts using Upgrade* slots, but for better experience I need this on menu, NO sub-menu

#8 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:27 PM

Sorry man, but I am not the guys for such questions...

I only helped (and recoded) the SCaR part of FreeUI, not the Taskbar and the Gamescreen files.

Those are created by brothers Evil Isador and Miros and other coders.

And to be honest, my knowledge on the Taskbar is VERY limited.

-In search of Papasmurf...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users