linux network backend server

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fnordious

fnordious
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 01:09 AM

Red Alert 3 Ultimate Collection (can't edit title to include game sorry)

Hi guys, I'm not sure what's going wrong here but it's either trying to connect to the old gamespy servers or at least is failing to connect to the Revora one. I've installed the fixed launchers.

https://www.youtube....h?v=bROEiwi3PNA

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Edit: Oh my, I didn't even post the log, my apologies, it's late and I'm not quite with it right now:

Spoiler

So it appears that despite opening through the cnconline launcher, it's still loading the stock version of the game and therefore trying to connect to the gamespy servers.

Another edit: despite hooking the game and then launching through the RA3.exe directly, it does not seem to call the cnconline launcher and does not produce a new log file. The install path in the log file is correct. I tried unhooking and removing the cnc online launcher, then changing the directory of the game, then reflecting that in origin and selecting repair install, which went without any errors and afterwards launches from origin fine, after which I reinstalled the fixed launcher for ultimate collection, then repaired the cnconline install, however the behaviour exhibited is identical to before (except that the log file reflects the updated install directory), still wont generate a new log file after hooking and launching directly from RA3.exe

I've checked the registry for install directory entries for the red alert 3, and also the entry for the RA3.exe hook (points to the CNCOnline directory).

Edited by fnordious, 05 December 2019 - 06:07 PM.

#2 lyralover

lyralover
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 06:47 PM

I have the same problem. I think you can change gamespy servers' address to peerchat.server.cnc-online.net (C&C Online servers, as I think) in hosts file. I don't know original servers' address though.

Edited by lyralover, 23 December 2019 - 06:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users