Photo

Commandos 2 HD remaster beta terribly optimised?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:00 PM

Personally my biggest issue with the HD remaster beta so far is how badly optimised the game is. Even on my mid-high end pc (see specs below) im getting 15-20fps in outside areas and 20-30fps in inside areas. And the load times are horrendous. They really need to work on the optimisation of this game, because i can play a lot of Triple A fps games on max settings in 1080p and get a constant 60fps, but comm2 hd remaster only 15-30 depending on which area? this is terrible. Is anyone else having the same issue or is this just me?
My specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K
Mobo: MSI Z97 PC Mate
Ram: 16GB DDR3
GPU: Nvidia geForce GTX 1060 6GB

Edit: just noticed how stupidly high the system requirements are for such a game. I’ve seen lower requirements on a lot of new high budget triple A FPS games. And they say that they will get the console versions will run at 60fps. So your telling me you can get it to run at 60fps on a stock Xbox one but it barely runs over 20fps on a mid-high end pc? It just sounds like they’re spending most there time on getting the game to run good on console rather than improving the pc version despite the original being mainly a pc game. (Yes I know it was also released on ps2 and Xbox but I’m pretty sure everyone can agree that these versions are an afterthought)  I really hope they work on optimising the pc version for the final game or else they're just making the game inaccessible for a large majority of Commandos players who have lower end pc's. 

Edited by SirRH, 14 December 2019 - 10:53 PM.

#2 Samz

Samz
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:54 PM

Personally my biggest issue with the HD remaster beta so far is how badly optimised the game is. Even on my mid-high end pc (see specs below) im getting 15-20fps on outside areas and 20-30fps in inside area. And the load times are horrendous. They really need to work on the optimisation of this game, because i can play a lot of Triple A fps games on max settings in 1080p and get a constant 60fps, but comm2 hd remaster only 15-30 depending on which area? this is terrible. Is anyone else having the same issue or is this just me?
My specs:

Edit: just noticed how stupidly high the system requirements are for such a game. I’ve seen lower requirements on a lot of new high budget triple A FPS games. And they say that they will get the console versions will run at 60fps. So your telling me you can get it to run at 60fps on a stock Xbox one but it barely runs over 20fps on a mid-high end pc? It just sounds like they’re spending most there time on getting the game to run good on console rather than improving the pc version despite the original being mainly a pc game. (Yes I know it was also released on ps2 and Xbox but I’m pretty sure everyone can agree that these versions are an afterthought)  I really hope they work on optimising the pc version for the final game or else they're just making the game inaccessible for a large majority of Commandos players who have lower end pc's. 

Did you try turning down the graphics settings?

I think it might be due to the dynamic lighting and such, this can be best seen with the inventory screen, where shadows get cast by commandos onto each other's faces and Shadows are more detailed.

In my experience it works mostly fine but Das boot silent killer drops to around 20 FPS in outside areas.

Edited by Samz, 14 December 2019 - 10:54 PM.

#3 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:59 PM

Personally my biggest issue with the HD remaster beta so far is how badly optimised the game is. Even on my mid-high end pc (see specs below) im getting 15-20fps on outside areas and 20-30fps in inside area. And the load times are horrendous. They really need to work on the optimisation of this game, because i can play a lot of Triple A fps games on max settings in 1080p and get a constant 60fps, but comm2 hd remaster only 15-30 depending on which area? this is terrible. Is anyone else having the same issue or is this just me?
My specs:

Did you try turning down the graphics settings?

I think it might be due to the dynamic lighting and such, this can be best seen with the inventory screen, where shadows get cast by commandos onto each other's faces and Shadows are more detailed.

In my experience it works mostly fine but Das boot silent killer drops to around 20 FPS in outside areas.

Yup I tried putting the graphics quality to the lowest setting, turning off anti aliasing, and putting the resolution to 640x480 (which for some reason is 640x480 upscaled to 1080p rather than a native resolution) and didn't get hardly any performance increase than the highest settings.

Edited by SirRH, 14 December 2019 - 11:17 PM.

#4 Jeroen

Jeroen
  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • Projects:Commandos BEL är bara smörja.

Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:03 AM

And I see you're upping your efforts to 'tube. Deactivating mines has never been animated so... jokingly.

But I don't think a GTX 1060 can cut it. Me? I have a Bitchin'fast! 3D 2000 : https://www.youtube....h?v=ZmCEXbspWuI

#5 Jeroen

Jeroen
  • Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 11:50 AM

Oh I just read "And if you pre-order it on the Kalypso store you get access to the beta." You did that?

"I really hope they work on optimising the pc version for the final game" and so do I. But I wonder how big the install is. Many libraries lumped together that you can see?

#6 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:35 PM

Oh I just read "And if you pre-order it on the Kalypso store you get access to the beta." You did that?

"I really hope they work on optimising the pc version for the final game" and so do I. But I wonder how big the install is. Many libraries lumped together that you can see?

Lol never heard of that Bitchin fast 3d 2000 before. The only old gpu i've got currently is in an old laptop i got from ebay about 10-15 years ago (Dell D505) and its the amazing "Intel Extreme Graphics 2" and even in the year it was released (2003) a dog shit bin was better at running games, and back in the early 2000's I didn't even know what a gpu was so just had integrated graphics in all my pc's :D 

And yeah when you pre-order the game on the kalypso store it gives you a steam code for the beta. 

Edited by SirRH, 15 December 2019 - 01:43 PM.

#7 Jeroen

Jeroen
  • Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 10:36 PM

HOW DO I F*CKING DELETE THIS??

Are the training missions and Das Boot what's in the beta or is there more?

And (see above) how to delete a quote inside a quote?

#8 Samz

Samz
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 09:17 AM

HOW DO I F*CKING DELETE THIS??

Are the training missions and Das Boot what's in the beta or is there more?

And (see above) how to delete a quote inside a quote?

Scroll down further to avoid putting more text in quote.

The Beta has the entire game.

#9 Jeroen

Jeroen
  • Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 05:49 PM

Scroll down further to avoid putting more text in quote.

The Beta has the entire game.

Yes, I couldn't <backspace> my way through a post yesterday, but I can now, strange.

What hardware do u use?

#10 Zakxaev68

Zakxaev68

Stalking in the shadows

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 09:30 PM

@SirRH, specs listed on the Steam store are as real as the cosmos is fake. Those are the engine requirements you need to meet rather than in fact game requirements. Tone down everything 1x and you have the true game requirements for RAM, CPU, GPU, etc.

comm-boot-camp-promo-revora-join-us-co.p

<<< CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO DO SO >>>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users