Bug WotR fortress maps not working for AI

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mestane

Mestane
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 05:16 PM

Played as gondor rohan and isengard vs any and all factions all match ups good vs evil factions vice versa. Me vs full brutals team WotR. So far Isengard, minas morgul, rivendell, dol guldur and carn dum are the fortress maps the ai can defend and assault.
Minas tirith and helms deep ai can assault not defend. (Minas tirith defender is a bitch to build vanilla buildings on, how about plot building it instead? Pop cap isn’t auto 1000 for defender, so it’s getting crowded, especially with mordors pop cap buildings both being very large).
Pelargir and edoras the ai can almost assault, they’re building barracks and fortress at the edge of the map, not capable of building full base though and not building any resource buildings. AI can’t defend them at all.
(Pelargir isn’t labeled as fortress map so putting a fortress down to defend spawns one on the northern gate of the capitol, making it unusable)
Erebor ai does nothing both assault and defend.
The others I haven’t had a chance to fight (AI does a good job of assaulting dol amroth, haven’t seen them defend it yet)
Another thing I was wondering about is mount gundabad, what exactly makes it qualify as a fortress map?

#2 Mestane

Mestane
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 05:32 PM

Aotr 4.1 windows 10

#3 Mestane

Mestane
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 02:30 PM

Found something in pelargir map again, you can’t embark a ship from within the fortress, nor can you disembark on the other shore where the outposts are located

#4 Windelhoth

Windelhoth
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 12:06 PM

I have the same issue, playing Wotr with this problem is bad. It should be fixed.

#5 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 06 April 2020 - 04:47 PM

Fortress maps in WotR mode are buggy.

We are slowly recreating fortress maps for skirmish mode with build-plots. This will take a lot of time and maps such as Minas Tirith and Minas Morgul have not been touched by our team yet.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users